News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Why can't Jones throw for close to 27 plus tds

Started by ralphpal1, May 30, 2023, 07:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphpal1

Why can't D Jones throw for 27 plus tds this year?  If all the players stay healthy somewhat
You have D  Waller , W Robinson ,        I Hoggins , D Slayton , J Hyatt ,
Give then 4 to 5 tds each which is not crazy
That is about 20 to 25 tds together 
Barkley  and the rest
Why not 27 tds thus year
Unless the game plan is to play it safe again and I really don't think they are thinking that way

MightyGiants

DJ threw 24 TDs in 13 games during his rookie season.  If DJ and his key people can stay relatively healthy, I don't see why he can't match his rookie year
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

4 Aces

Who says he can't?

I don't blame people for being skeptical, but the Giants have a dangerous offense again. It's been over a decade, but it's finally here.

Tons of speed and weapons - and with Thomas and Neal at OT and Schmitz at C, the OL should be able to provide adequate pass pro.

No excuses. DJ is going to put up big #'s.

True Blue

This is the best group on talent he has ever had

Much better than his rookie year, no reason he can't have significantly better production than his rookie year if he is as good as many think he is.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: ralphpal1 on May 30, 2023, 07:48:08 PMUnless the game plan is to play it safe again and I really don't think they are thinking that way

I don't either. Considering the huge financial and draft capital investments they have made in the passing game, it behooves them to open things up and not be conservative again like last year. If they are, then something is wrong, because you don't need to pay $40m a year to get a QB to execute the type of passing offense they were running last year.

andrew_nyGiants

I expect the O to be more aggressive, but I don't see a track meet from day 1.

I anticipate that they will take some shots deep early in an effort to pull the safeties back and then test that running game.

If from that point they can establish some balance with intermediate passing, then I see them really opening up the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Ed Vette

The MO last season was to load the box and stop Barkley by mid season, so they had to adjust the game plan and throw more and limit Barkley. Not having Barkley will hurt the passing game somewhat. It means that the Oline, QB and Receivers will need to elevate their game.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Quote from: ralphpal1 on May 30, 2023, 07:48:08 PMWhy can't D Jones throw for 27 plus tds this year?  If all the players stay healthy somewhat
Barkley  and the rest
Why not 27 tds thus year
Unless the game plan is to play it safe again and I really don't think they are thinking that way

Hi Ralph.

I don't see why not as long as the offensive line play solidifies as our new center becomes comfortable with the NFL game and expected improvement from our young right tackle, the tools and the coaching staff are there to take that next step.

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you chose the number 27? For example, why not 30?

Welcome to the board and please keep posting! It's great to have you!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Bob In PA

Quote from: ralphpal1 on May 30, 2023, 07:48:08 PMWhy can't D Jones throw for 27 plus tds this year?  If all the players stay healthy somewhat
Barkley  and the rest
Why not 27 tds thus year
Ralph: Welcome to this site. I enjoy that type of analysis and believe you did a thorough job. Thank you.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Fletch

The reason why is because Daniel Jones is just not a very good , accurate , or safe throwing QB. Since his Duke days he was always about the big play. It results in a quite a few turnovers. I suppose 27 Tds from Jones is possible. It is not that much at all in today's NFL when QBs are putting up 40+. Heck the new Jets QB threw what? 25 in an "off year" with a almost equally terrible team and receiver corp. 30+ TDs for Jones would result in more or less what we saw with Shurmur ; like 3 wins in a season and a bunch of turnovers.