News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Rookie Mini-camp roster (and other camp news)

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Rick, Gman329 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Couple things

I can't wait for this mini camp to see Jiles mug a few dbs. He's a faster more physical hodgins that makes people look ridiculous in the red zone.

The Wr and Rb room has a ton of interesting pieces. Hopefully it's a wide open competition for everyone.

Still a few guards and corners on the market so hopefully they see what they have quickly and add if necessary.

Not one house hold name in our secondary which is either exciting because it's a ton of young guys who if they develop could jump start this D or nerve racking because there's no vet leader there to set the tone.

Guess they are fine with the interior being Lawrence and a bag of meh.

Heard from multiple places that Thibs and Burns will have autonomy to freestyle on the edges.

Still intrigued if Simmons is used elsewhere or as a nickel/3rd down rusher.

Tyrone Tracy getting a lot of buzz to come in and contribute immediately even as far as RB1 midway through the season. I'm ice cold on Gray so I'm fine with Singletary, Tracy, Miller, and Corbin.

Interested to see how they line up the safeties. I know Pinnock and Nubin get the nod but could see Belton and Owens getting time.

So is it Flott, McCloud, Hawkins, and Robinson competing at CB2 or do they still have McCloud wasting time at safety?

More questions than answers this time of the year.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

4 Aces

I really like the early look and sound of these first 3 picks. (I know - if they're busts I'll change my tune quickly.) For now, they're all locked-in grinders. No Kadarius Toneys unable to dress themselves. I think Nubin is going to be really good.

It's up to the coaching staff, but I see a young D with Burns and Thibs off the edge (best duo we've had since 2016 JPP & Vernon IMO). All Pro Dex up the middle. 3-down MIKE and a CB1. And now the playmaker Nubin, hard-hat glue guy. I don't think we'll see a dropoff from McKinney who I respect.

Even up front on the Offensive Line - you can't really spend any more resources than they've spent. 2 top 10 picks, 2nd rounder, + 2 G's they spent $$$ on.  And a 3rd round G coming off the bench.

Hopefully, this is the year all this young talent starts to bud, because on paper they're built the right way. They should have a franchise QB, a WR1, a very good Offensive Line and a very good defense. And I expect to see that.