News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: kartanoman on November 23, 2023, 09:47:25 PM'd say give him the start in Philly AND Boston. But I suspect both goalies will split the two games.

Has to be a split, Igor is just back from injury so needs games to find his feet. Plus you don't want to overwork Quick, incase Igor picks up another injury later in the year.

I do think Igor will be fine, he's a top 5 (or at least top 10) goalie. Those don't grow on trees.

kartanoman

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 24, 2023, 05:32:56 AMHas to be a split, Igor is just back from injury so needs games to find his feet. Plus you don't want to overwork Quick, incase Igor picks up another injury later in the year.

I do think Igor will be fine, he's a top 5 (or at least top 10) goalie. Those don't grow on trees.
The Rangers struck gold (as in Knights) in acquiring him this season and the timing of his outstanding play couldn't have come at a more opportune time.

Guessing that he'll take Philly tonight and Igor gets the matineé tomorrow at MSG against Boston. The way the two are playing, though, maybe it should be reversed.

Looking forward to two ancient physical rivals back to back!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kartanoman on November 24, 2023, 08:20:21 AMThe Rangers struck gold (as in Knights) in acquiring him this season and the timing of his outstanding play couldn't have come at a more opportune time.

Guessing that he'll take Philly tonight and Igor gets the matineé tomorrow at MSG against Boston. The way the two are playing, though, maybe it should be reversed.

Looking forward to two ancient physical rivals back to back!

Peace!

Quick has really earned it but I suspect you're right. He'll be in today and Igor gets the Bruins. I have no idea though. We'll see.

Gmo11

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 24, 2023, 10:26:06 AMQuick has really earned it but I suspect you're right. He'll be in today and Igor gets the Bruins. I have no idea though. We'll see.

Its Igor today! I like that better. Don't need to hurt Igors confidence any more by throwing him to the wolves against the bruins. Plus quick has been better lately anyway

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Gmo11 on November 24, 2023, 01:09:09 PMIts Igor today! I like that better. Don't need to hurt Igors confidence any more by throwing him to the wolves against the bruins. Plus quick has been better lately anyway

I think a case could be made either way although who am I to question anything Laviolette is doing right now.

kartanoman

3-1 Rangers victory, and a relatively easy one at that, sets up the measuring stick game tomorrow against the Bruins. Whomever is in goal will be coming off a victory so goodness there.

Nice to see the Z-man putting a couple in the net today. Long overdue but it's still the first quarter of a long season so plenty of time for him to get hot.

Get a good night's rest, Broadway Blueshirts, and give 'em hell tomorrow at the matinee!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Solid win today against a team we generally handle.

Tomorrow is the big test. Boston played today (in Detroit) too, so we can't use fatigue as an excuse, especially when we're the home team.

EDjohnst1981

Really looking forward to tonight's game.

Lovely finish for Zibanejad's second goal.

They are playing really well.

Big test tonight, UK friendly time so I'll be tuning in live.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 25, 2023, 06:04:15 AMReally looking forward to tonight's game.

Lovely finish for Zibanejad's second goal.

They are playing really well.

Big test tonight, UK friendly time so I'll be tuning in live.

Biggest game of the season by leaps and bounds. Pleased you'll be able to watch live.

Rangers were completely dominating yesterday for much of the game. Really hoping it carries over.

DaveBrown74

SPECTACULAR win.

What a game! That's about as good as this sport gets. Don't get me wrong, I love a good old fashioned 1-0 defensive struggle with elite goaltending like what we got against the Penguins a few days back, but this was just electric today. And what a huge, pivotal win for the team.

We now lead the NHL in wins. Plus we have a game in hand on the Bruins. Just remarkable.

Obviously there is a long way to go, but man has this been a great ride so far.

Bring on the Sabres on Monday night!

kartanoman

Can you say wow-wee, holy-shamoly?

What a crazy game and a result I can't believe even after watching the game in full. Wasn't this the kind of result we go to bed at night and dream of playing out? Well, dreams came true in this barn-burning edition of Original Six rivals renewing their classic rivalry.

What do you want to talk about? Kreider's goals? His missed breakaways? Bonino's goal to open the scoring on the day? The Breadman finding the net again? Quickie holding nets down with a solid, if not unspectacular, effort in goal? Jimmy Vesey becoming a scoring threat? Rangers' defense containing Boston's electric offense, and Pastrňák, from allowing the game to get out of hand? Seeing Ullmark beside himself for letting seven goals (NOTE: the most ever in his career) in today? Peter Laviolette calling timeout and the Rangers responding with a short handed goal to end the first period? The two goals to end the second?

After the Rangers responded to make the game 6-4, the momentum switched to the Rangers and they rode it to the 7-4 victory.

I was most impressed with the Rangers' defense, their patience and opportunistic attitude. I can't recall so many breakaway attempts the Rangers had today. Granted, Boston was pushing up to generate offense. Still, for letting seven in, Ullmark kept the scoreboard from reaching double digits and, possibly, 15 or more.

For now, the beast of the East plays in the Garden, Madison Square, that is. Still early in the season and a long way to go. Buffalo visiting MSG on Monday and Detroit visiting Wednesday. Neither are easy games so enjoy the big win tonight and get ready for three more big games next week which the Rangers will return to Nashville next Saturday to put right what they got wrong at the start of the season against the Predators.

Cheers on a great victory today!

Peace!

Bigmoose

Quote from: kartanoman on November 25, 2023, 04:47:27 PMCan you say wow-wee, holy-shamoly?

What a crazy game and a result I can't believe even after watching the game in full. Wasn't this the kind of result we go to bed at night and dream of playing out? Well, dreams came true in this barn-burning edition of Original Six rivals renewing their classic rivalry.

What do you want to talk about? Kreider's goals? His missed breakaways? Bonino's goal to open the scoring on the day? The Breadman finding the net again? Quickie holding nets down with a solid, if not unspectacular, effort in goal? Jimmy Vesey becoming a scoring threat? Rangers' defense containing Boston's electric offense, and Pastrňák, from allowing the game to get out of hand? Seeing Ullmark beside himself for letting seven goals (NOTE: the most ever in his career) in today? Peter Laviolette calling timeout and the Rangers responding with a short handed goal to end the first period? The two goals to end the second?

After the Rangers responded to make the game 6-4, the momentum switched to the Rangers and they rode it to the 7-4 victory.

I was most impressed with the Rangers' defense, their patience and opportunistic attitude. I can't recall so many breakaway attempts the Rangers had today. Granted, Boston was pushing up to generate offense. Still, for letting seven in, Ullmark kept the scoreboard from reaching double digits and, possibly, 15 or more.

For now, the beast of the East plays in the Garden, Madison Square, that is. Still early in the season and a long way to go. Buffalo visiting MSG on Monday and Detroit visiting Wednesday. Neither are easy games so enjoy the big win tonight and get ready for three more big games next week which the Rangers will return to Nashville next Saturday to put right what they got wrong at the start of the season against the Predators.

Cheers on a great victory today!

Peace!

Let's also give the new coaching staff their due for the following:

The new effective system for offense, defense, and special teams.

Overall team improvement in face-offs, and movement of the puck.

Continuing aggressive play no matter what the score.

Tough, physical play at all points of the ice, which includes player selection and ice time allocation.

This last time I felt this good about our coaching staff was when Keenan was here.

kartanoman

Quote from: Bigmoose on November 25, 2023, 05:58:52 PMLet's also give the new coaching staff their due for the following:

The new effective system for offense, defense, and special teams.

Overall team improvement in face-offs, and movement of the puck.

Continuing aggressive play no matter what the score.

Tough, physical play at all points of the ice, which includes player selection and ice time allocation.

This last time I felt this good about our coaching staff was when Keenan was here.

Very well said. This game, and the season to date, underscore many of your points. For the fan, they're very much exciting to watch. That's the ticket!

That and the "backup goalie" remains undefeated after facing the Bruins. Suffice to say, the Rangers don't have a backup goalie; they are blessed to have two starters and are the best tandem in the game today and, ironically, the best Ranger tandem since Keenan's goalies, Richter and Healy.

Peace!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kartanoman on November 25, 2023, 07:20:25 PMVery well said. This game, and the season to date, underscore many of your points. For the fan, they're very much exciting to watch. That's the ticket!

That and the "backup goalie" remains undefeated after facing the Bruins. Suffice to say, the Rangers don't have a backup goalie; they are blessed to have two starters and are the best tandem in the game today and, ironically, the best Ranger tandem since Keenan's goalies, Richter and Healy.

Peace!

Funny, I was thinking Richter and Vanbiesbrouck today, but to your point that's going back a bit further.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 25, 2023, 07:23:47 PMFunny, I was thinking Richter and Vanbiesbrouck today, but to your point that's going back a bit further.

I loved the "Beezer" and can remember the 1985-86 season where he nearly took the team to the finals but ran into that other goaltender great, Patrick Roy, who outduelled him and the Rangers to lead the Canadiens to the Stanley Cup championship that year.

Beezer and Richter were competing for starting goalie which may have taken something away from the tandem. But when Beezer was dealt to Florida, and the Rangers picked up Healy, who was content being Richter's backup, that tandem responded and contributed to the President's Trophy leading up to the Stanley Cup championship.

Beezer was the man back in the '80s. He had a nice run with Florida as well.

Peace!