News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jaime on November 28, 2023, 02:00:07 AMKane was deadwood last season. Highly doubt Drury will re-visit that move :badidea:

Fool me once....

EDjohnst1981

Yeah, just brutal.

Not gonna win them all and time to re-set the ship on Weds. I'd much rather we dropped that game than the one against the Bruins.

kartanoman

Ironic that Sam and Joe did a quick player focus on Othmann last night so that tells me he's at least in the back of their minds as an option in getting called up.

One final observation on last night's game was that the puck was bouncing all over the place for the Rangers while Buffalo were relatively smooth in their passing. Just another omen signaling it wasn't going to be their night. Yet, to Jaime's point, they still got it to 1-2 on the Z-man's goal and might have made a run to tie. But Buffalo wasn't having any of it.

In the end, the Sabres frustrate the Rangers again. Not really a surprise as this New York rivalry, of sorts, has been known for these type of games.

Original Six match-up at the Garden next! Rangers-Red Wings should be a blast!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Gmo11

That Buffalo goalie made one of the better saves you'll see on poor Vesey when the game was tight. Which is was for most of the night.  Definitely a let down from the Bruins game, but that was almost to be expected.  Annoying that they couldn't steal a point once they pulled within 1, and everything unraveled from there, but they can't win em all! 

We saw vs the Bruins what they are capable of when they are firing on all cylinders and yesterday we saw what they can put out there when they're not.  And even still, a couple bounces here or there and they may well have stolen that game too.

EDjohnst1981

No worries on Kane returning. He's signed with the Redwings.

Gman329

Jesus, that was ugly last night.  My wife and I are flying up from FLA for Christmas week and along with our daughter, going to our first Ranger game in 10 years!  Dec 23, against those same Buffalo Sabres.  Paid a stupid amount of $$ for three halfway decent seats but who knows when we'll get to do it again?

But as I watched last night, I couldn't help but think, if they lay a turd like this on 12/23, against same opponent, I'm gonna be sick! 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Gman329 on November 28, 2023, 02:55:44 PMJesus, that was ugly last night.  My wife and I are flying up from FLA for Christmas week and along with our daughter, going to our first Ranger game in 10 years!  Dec 23, against those same Buffalo Sabres.  Paid a stupid amount of $$ for three halfway decent seats but who knows when we'll get to do it again?

But as I watched last night, I couldn't help but think, if they lay a turd like this on 12/23, against same opponent, I'm gonna be sick! 

I hear you, Gman.

You just never know. I've certainly been to my share of stinkers at MSG. It's still always at least somewhat fun to attend a Rangers game though. Just seeing these guys skating around at full speed in person is always pretty incredible.

DaveBrown74

Anyone following this Connor Bedard/Corey Perry story on the Blackhawks?

If the rumors around this are true, Yikes. That's seriously messed up!

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/crazy-rumor-involving-corey-perry-and-connor-bedard-may-explain-perry-s-absence-from-blackhawks

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 28, 2023, 03:10:29 PMI hear you, Gman.

You just never know. I've certainly been to my share of stinkers at MSG. It's still always at least somewhat fun to attend a Rangers game though. Just seeing these guys skating around at full speed in person is always pretty incredible.

We have our tix (center ice seven rows back behind the penalty boxes) so I can take my wife (who grew up outside of Buffalo) and youngest daughter to see the boys when they visit us here in PHX to play the Coyotes the day after my birthday in late March. They actually play on Arizona State's campus and the rink only seats about 5,000+ people. Fortunately, the Rangers have played well against them and I'm hoping for a big late season win.

My very first Ranger game was a Saturday matinee at the Garden against Buffalo during the 1978-79 season; a 2-2 tie which my childhood idol, Anders Hedberg scored a goal and #1 Wayne Thomas made several spectacular saves to preserve the one point earned that day. I was hooked for life!

But, back to Vesey getting robbed by arguably the stick save of the year from Luukonen was the wow moment and, regrettably, a sign that it wasn't going to happen for the Rangers last night. Sure enough, it wasn't.

Another day, another game.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 28, 2023, 03:12:14 PMAnyone following this Connor Bedard/Corey Perry story on the Blackhawks?

If the rumors around this are true, Yikes. That's seriously messed up!

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/crazy-rumor-involving-corey-perry-and-connor-bedard-may-explain-perry-s-absence-from-blackhawks

Outright denial from the Hawks here: "In a news conference later Tuesday, Blackhawks general manager Kyle Davidson was asked if there was any criminal aspect involved in Perry's dismissal. "This was a workplace matter," Davidson said.

Davidson continued, saying that while he can not disclose the details of the team's investigation, the matter "does not involve any players or their families, and anything that suggests otherwise or anyone who suggests otherwise is wildly inaccurate and, frankly, it's disgusting. This has been a tough situation. I understand you want answers. It was important that we took all the necessary steps before sharing more."

Per https://theathletic.com/5096835/2023/11/28/corey-perry-blackhawks-release-unacceptable-conduct/?source=user_shared_article

Jaime

Who dah heck knows what happened? But Melanie is smoking hot :o

Gman, a stupid amount is what it takes these days. Hopefully the Rangers will reward your loyalty. My Dad had season tix from mid 60's -mid 70's, I Attended many a Game at MSG watching those Blueshirts fly around that Ice. Worst memory, was watching the Bruins take turns hoisting the Cup on MSG Ice. That, Along with Goalie Gerry Gheevers giving the Rangers faithful the finger...

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jaime on November 28, 2023, 07:28:04 PMWho dah heck knows what happened? But Melanie is smoking hot :o

Agreed. She has kind of a Farah Fawcett thing going on.

Jaime

I took another glance at Melanie. Yeah DB, she does have a bit of the FF goin' on...

Jaime

Anybody know what channel tonight's game vs. Detroit is on?

Jaime

got it - TNT
Fox is back
Johnny Bodzinkski replaces Kakko