News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Some Giants fans are the absolute worst

Started by MightyGiants, October 09, 2023, 07:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/saquon/status/1711211811616211231?s=20

Ryan Dunleavy
@rydunleavy
Apparently, the fan that Saquon Barkley was yelling back at in the video below screamed some disparaging things to/about Daniel Jones as his neck was getting checked out on the sideline. 

This is only a few days after Saquon's advice to Evan Neal was "Never pick a battle with the fans. You're never going to win that one."

Very different circumstances obviously. Defending his friend and teammate. Players' health is never a joking matter.

#Giants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Hadron

It's a game. Fans need to calm down.

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

uconnjack8

Quote from: Hadron on October 09, 2023, 01:58:35 PMIt's a game. Fans need to calm down.

You would think so.  For some reason every sport has fans that think since they are paying customers, they can act any way they want and say whatever they want. 

I doubt any will calm down.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Just a disgusting display by individuals who belong locked up behind bars and the NFL should forever ban them from ever gaining admission to another NFL game. There is absolutely NO place for this type of behavior regardless which team you are supporting.

In complete contrast, the environment at State Farm Stadium, during the Giants-Cardinals game earlier this season, was a positive, festive event where fans of both teams were respectful to each other, and everyone had a blast during that crazy contest. I had my entire family with me, to include my two daughters, and I would have no problem taking them to another Cardinals game based on our experience in Week #2.

That this garbage occurs is bad enough. That these @$$-clowns post this $&!t for everyone to see is purely disgusting and I, for one, would vote to ban it from this site.

For the record, that was no Giant fan.

Peace.

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

babywhales

Guy in the Howie Long Jersey got dropped.

Raiders and 49ers fans are nuts but I'm sure it is everywhere. 

Two Packer Game Stories :

1- In 2013 I wore my LT jersey to Green Bay an extremely wobbly drunk guy was laying into to me the best he could, his friends were very nice and apologized for him and gave me two beers to ignore him.

2- The Green Bay vs Gman game the day after Christmas in 2010 ELi tossed 4 INT's, the Giants lost 50-15 or something like that.   The female Packer fans next to me bought me a beer after each INT, gave my a hug and kept trying to put my head on their shoulders to cry on.  In the 3rd quarter, I was almost rooting against Eli.

As I age the midwest approach is much more my style

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

TDToomer

I think this fan behavior is horrible but you gotta feel for these Chargers fans. They are constantly being outnumbered in their own stadium and I could see why the fans in the baby blue Herbert jerseys are bitter at these Raider fans who are stuck in Oakland with no team so they invade their stadium.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

One of the main reasons I don't go to as many games as I used to is the increasingly idiotic behavior of fans. Really detracts from the experience. Why would I burn an entire Sunday and a good bit of cash to be surrounded by fools like you see in these videos when I can watch in the comforts of my own home on a huge flat screen or with a group of friends instead? I just don't see the value.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 10, 2023, 07:01:01 PMOne of the main reasons I don't go to as many games as I used to is the increasingly idiotic behavior of fans. Really detracts from the experience. Why would I burn an entire Sunday and a good bit of cash to be surrounded by fools like you see in these videos when I can watch in the comforts of my own home on a huge flat screen or with a group of friends instead? I just don't see the value.

There's just no substitute for the big screen and a quick hop to your own kitchen and restroom without having to stand in line (unless you live in a household filled with ladies).

But it depends on which stadium you visit, the time of kickoff and sometimes how important the game actually is.

As mentioned already, the Cardinals' game was a great experience and one you could take the whole family to and have a  great time.

In 2006, I went to the Tennessee Titans' stadium (then named LP Field) and found it equally as family friendly for both Giants and Titans fans. The outcome of that game was horrendous!

My last game in the old Giants Stadium was the Dallas rematch in 2007 where both teams' fans were rocking the house but were, for the most part, well behaved although we all exchanged friendly smack from time to time.

The first year of the Carolina Panthers, when they played at Clemson University in 1995, my Army buddy and I drove from Fort Gordon to attend the rain-soaked pre-season contest which was a dud, but the atmosphere was friendly and more collegiate than a pro game.

So, for all the crap the videos above illustrate, there are likely many more positive, enjoyable experiences in visiting the stadia of teams throughout the league.

But none can top that big screen in your own house with the sound bar and woofer cranked up!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)