News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Shaun O'Hara breaks down the offensive line issues

Started by MightyGiants, October 11, 2023, 08:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Shaun does a good job breaking down some of the issues

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Check with the PR Department who checked with the upper brass who checked with the owners on what they can and can't say... and its Tuesday.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 11, 2023, 09:05:59 AMCheck with the PR Department who checked with the upper brass who checked with the owners on what they can and can't say... and its Tuesday.

Ed, I thought Shaun was pretty straightforward and fair.  I thought his comment about whiffing vs losing after a struggle was pretty enlightening.  There is the infamous play that Baldie broke down on the dysfunction thread.   Shaun suggested that the reason Neal didn't move out to take one of the outside rushers was that he might not have received or heard the call.  Considering they had a new center and possibly a new RG at that point, that explanation made a lot of sense to me.

I also found Shaun's comments about how the line should be handling TT stunts rather enlightening.

I appreciate that this is an inhouse broadcast so Shaun might have restrained some of his comments, but I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think it had value.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 11, 2023, 09:13:09 AMEd, I thought Shaun was pretty straightforward and fair.  I thought his comment about whiffing vs losing after a struggle was pretty enlightening.  There is the infamous play that Baldie broke down on the dysfunction thread.   Shaun suggested that the reason Neal didn't move out to take one of the outside rushers was that he might not have received or heard the call.  Considering they had a new center and possibly a new RG at that point, that explanation made a lot of sense to me.

I also found Shaun's comments about how the line should be handling TT stunts rather enlightening.

I appreciate that this is an inhouse broadcast so Shaun might have restrained some of his comments, but I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think it had value.
Rich, I didn't listen to the entire broadcast. Did he go into any detail of how Jones has been responsible for some of the Offensive woes? Or did only this game count?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 11, 2023, 09:17:31 AMRich, I didn't listen to the entire broadcast. Did he go into any detail of how Jones has been responsible for some of the Offensive woes? Or did only this game count?

This video advertises itself as a breakdown of the Dolphins game.

On this episode of the Giants Huddle podcast, John Schmeelk and Shaun O'Hara give their takeaways from the Dolphins game, discuss the offensive line, and put an emphasis on getting pressure on the quarterback.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 11, 2023, 09:19:28 AMThis video advertises itself as a breakdown of the Dolphins game.

On this episode of the Giants Huddle podcast, John Schmeelk and Shaun O'Hara give their takeaways from the Dolphins game, discuss the offensive line, and put an emphasis on getting pressure on the quarterback.
What did those two have to say about the Seattle Game?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 11, 2023, 09:32:04 AMWhat did those two have to say about the Seattle Game?

Not the same two, but here is Paul Dottino and Shaun O'Hara giving their take (go to the 8:40 mark)

https://www.giants.com/podcasts/giants-huddle-wrapping-up-week-4

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 11, 2023, 09:05:59 AMCheck with the PR Department who checked with the upper brass who checked with the owners on what they can and can't say... and its Tuesday.

The Giants beat writers have been doing damage control all week long just as they normally do if you follow them on Social Media.  During the Reese and Gettleman years they allowed John Mara to get a pass with their reporting and deflecting blaming Gilbride, Coughlin, McAdoo and then Jason Garrett.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18