News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Would you trade the first overall pick to Buffalo for Josh Allen?

Started by DaveBrown74, November 16, 2023, 08:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgoodmantrublu

So 16 turnovers but one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. I'd sign up for that.

uconnjack8

The Bill's avg pts/game is a little misleading.

In weeks 2, 3 and 4 they scored 37, 38 and 48 respectively (all wins),  or about half of their points for the 10 games they have played.

Since then here is what they scored:

20, 14, 25, 24, 24, 22.

They are 2-4 in those games with 13 turnovers.  If they stop giving the ball away they are very much a super bowl contender.  Until then they are a struggling offense with a great QB.

SlotCorner

This is wishful thinking from a NY media person, who is hoping this gets some buzz he can use on his show. The Bills aren't trading Josh Allen. He is a top 5 QB, and when you find one of those you build around him, not get rid of him. Trade him for what? The right to draft another guy, who you have no idea if he can play in NFL yet? Not happening.

What is happening up there in Buffalo is weird. The offensive coordinator is just the scapegoat for some bad luck. You need good luck to win a super bowl in this league, and McDermott has had none. Reid in Philly was the same way. Blowing it all up wouldn't make a ton of sense.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: SlotCorner on November 17, 2023, 04:37:09 PMThis is wishful thinking from a NY media person, who is hoping this gets some buzz he can use on his show. The Bills aren't trading Josh Allen. He is a top 5 QB, and when you find one of those you build around him, not get rid of him. Trade him for what? The right to draft another guy, who you have no idea if he can play in NFL yet? Not happening.

What is happening up there in Buffalo is weird. The offensive coordinator is just the scapegoat for some bad luck. You need good luck to win a super bowl in this league, and McDermott has had none. Reid in Philly was the same way. Blowing it all up wouldn't make a ton of sense.

Totally agree it's not happening due to it being totally unrealistic. My point in posting it was just to ask the group a hypothetical here. I personally think it's a no-brainer to do the trade, but some here have a different opinion. Hence the discussion. The OP was not meant to suggest that this event will actually happen or is even a realistic possibility, just to be clear.

SlotCorner

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 17, 2023, 05:25:03 PMTotally agree it's not happening due to it being totally unrealistic. My point in posting it was just to ask the group a hypothetical here. I personally think it's a no-brainer to do the trade, but some here have a different opinion. Hence the discussion. The OP was not meant to suggest that this event will actually happen or is even a realistic possibility, just to be clear.

Agreed, but my comment was also about the source of this thing, which is a show I usually like. If they have to talk Giants, making something up out of nothing is fine I guess. Not much else to talk about until we know the draft order.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 17, 2023, 04:01:35 PMThey are 2-4 in those games with 13 turnovers.  If they stop giving the ball away they are very much a super bowl contender.  Until then they are a struggling offense with a great QB.

Who gives the ball away too much.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 17, 2023, 05:25:03 PMTotally agree it's not happening due to it being totally unrealistic. My point in posting it was just to ask the group a hypothetical here. I personally think it's a no-brainer to do the trade, but some here have a different opinion. Hence the discussion. The OP was not meant to suggest that this event will actually happen or is even a realistic possibility, just to be clear.

It is only a semi-rational hypothetical if we agree to completely ignore the CAP aspects.  IOW, mental masturbation.  If it is not realistic, what's the point of discussing it?  It's like one of those Big Bang Theory arguments of who would win in a fight between Superman and Captain America.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on November 17, 2023, 08:40:45 PMIt is only a semi-rational hypothetical if we agree to completely ignore the CAP aspects.  IOW, mental masturbation.  If it is not realistic, what's the point of discussing it? 

You tell me - this thread was only started yesterday and you've already posted in it four times.

Feel free to stop discussing it anytime you like.

Gmo11

Quote from: AZGiantFan on November 17, 2023, 08:40:45 PMIt is only a semi-rational hypothetical if we agree to completely ignore the CAP aspects.  IOW, mental masturbation.  If it is not realistic, what's the point of discussing it?  It's like one of those Big Bang Theory arguments of who would win in a fight between Superman and Captain America.

Don't be ridiculous.  Superman wins easily.

Jaime

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: