News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What do you see Tommy DeVito doing for the Giants in 2024?

Started by DaveBrown74, November 19, 2023, 08:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think DeVito will be doing for the Giants in 2024?

DaveBrown74

Based on what you know today, what do you see DeVito doing for the Giants next year, if anything?

andrew_nyGiants

I think he has a shot at being a solid back-up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

ralphpal1

Well.if we drafted a QB
He will.probably be 3rd stringer
Cause i am.not sure he make the wavier wire again
If he plays good he wont make.waivers
If he plays that bad
He just get cuts

DaveBrown74

I think he's heading in the direction of being our backup. I don't see Taylor coming back.

Jaime

Methinks DeVito will be our Starter until he's overtaken by the QB we draft ;)

T200

I said backup. Tyrod will be gone. Jones won't be ready to start the season but will at some point. DeVito should be the 2nd QB.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Giant Obsession

The whole ball is in his lap.

I look for improvements in all phases of his game the remainder of the season.

He just needs to have the confidence to let the play develop while he sees the field.  And then deliver accordingly.  Something to ne DJ has seldom ever shown.
His weaknesses or shortcomings now will not necessarily stay with him.
He needs a real teacher, and an organization that actually helps him.  At this point, again to me, he is worth the investment.  And our only real investment is teaching (coaching) and playing time and opportunity.

I like to dream, so I dream big when it comes to my team.

Unitas, Warner, Brady.....why not DeVito ?

Lord knows we deserve it.

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

TDToomer

Why does nobody think Jones will be medically cleared for opening day? Isn't an ACL a 9 month recovery?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Quote from: TDToomer on November 19, 2023, 10:10:42 PMWhy does nobody think Jones will be medically cleared for opening day? Isn't an ACL a 9 month recovery?
He may be medically cleared for opening day. That would mean he'd have to be cleared for camp and practices much earlier. Frankly, I don't see it happening.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jclayton92

Quote from: TDToomer on November 19, 2023, 10:10:42 PMWhy does nobody think Jones will be medically cleared for opening day? Isn't an ACL a 9 month recovery?
I honestly just think people dont care anymore. The majority finally see Jones for what he is and are over it.  I'd rather watch devito another year than trotting out Jones for the 6th year expecting something different.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 19, 2023, 10:49:51 PMI honestly just think people dont care anymore. The majority finally see Jones for what he is and are over it.  I'd rather watch devito another year than trotting out Jones for the 6th year expecting something different.

AMEN
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Torus34

The New Jersey Giants showed more pure get-up-and-go yesterday than they have in previous games this season.

Mr. Thomas DeVito certainly doesn't look like a modern NFL QB. He looks like a kid bashfully trying on a football uniform. But for whatever reason, the team's responded to him and produced an unlikely and most enjoyable upset.

I say you dance with the gal what brung you. Go with DeVito, clear out the QB deadwood standing around collecting money on the sidelines and grab the best available QB wanna-be in the draft as a back-up. Mr. DeVito is durable [Ed.: Something you can't say about the other Giant QB sad sacks,] and got the dog walked.

Er, th-th-that's all, folks.

Go, Big Blue!

Uni

We know nothing based on today. DeVito could reel off three more victories or he could come crashing down to earth when a real coach with a modicum of film whips up a real game plan. He's a nice story this week, but that's as far as it goes... for now

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

BluesCruz

Ask Drew Bledsoe what happened when he got injured and a 3rd string stringbean came in
and filled in for him

Thus came the GOAT

Too bad Tommy Didnt come in earlier when we had playoff hopes

not saying he's the next GOAT just saying how the worm can turn

I can finally watch Giant games and not feel dread when the offense takes the field
the offense went from unwatchable to exciting
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Gmo11

Quote from: Torus34 on November 20, 2023, 06:06:42 AMThe New Jersey Giants showed more pure get-up-and-go yesterday than they have in previous games this season.

Mr. Thomas DeVito certainly doesn't look like a modern NFL QB. He looks like a kid bashfully trying on a football uniform. But for whatever reason, the team's responded to him and produced an unlikely and most enjoyable upset.

I say you dance with the gal what brung you. Go with DeVito, clear out the QB deadwood standing around collecting money on the sidelines and grab the best available QB wanna-be in the draft as a back-up. Mr. DeVito is durable [Ed.: Something you can't say about the other Giant QB sad sacks,] and got the dog walked.

Er, th-th-that's all, folks.

Go, Big Blue!

They literally can't get rid of Jones until after next season. He's going to be collecting money from the Giants next year one way or the other. It could have been as a backup to a highly touted prospect learning how to become the franchise QB that Jones was promised to be (Albeit promised by a buffoon) but now it's likely to be year 6 of watching Jones prove he's not very good while the Giants win about 5 or 6 games and yet again are not in a position to draft his replacement.

This is QB hell and the Giants are right in the middle of it. They had a chance to maybe pull themselves out but Tommy and the boys dragged them right back into it yesterday. It was fun watching that kid have the time of his life and Lord knows he earned some feel good this season but he also set the franchise back about 5 more years.