News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tension between Dabs and Wink?

Started by sooners56, November 26, 2023, 12:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Quote from: GeauxJints on November 26, 2023, 04:37:43 PMReporter said what do you make of the reports about tension between you and Wink. Dabes said the only thing we ever argue about is who gets the last slice of pizza lol.

Lmao

NY47GIANTS

Daboll is a class act.

Wink is a class act.

I expected nothing less from these 2 pros and honestly knew deep down the Glazer "report" stunk worse than the Giants have at QB the last 5 years.

I wonder where he got his "report" from?  /sarcasm/

Genuinely wish Brian Daboll, Wink Martindale and Mike Kafka the BEST of BEST and look forward to their next football roles/endeavours.

They all deserve so much better and hope they continue to elevate their careers and find sustained success. (ELSEWHERE, obv)

I hope nobody ever shakes his hand again LOL

Jaime

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire ;)

Doc16LT56

Jaime

Dgoodmantrublu

I don't get anyone that wants to fire Daboll.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on November 26, 2023, 11:06:19 PMJaime, if this report is true, it isn't going away based on a game ball.

https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/1728828714975134080?t=kWYdJaeLI0dDPx0VJU6rWQ&s=19

Thanks, Doc. Perhaps Leonard ought to also 'scratch the surface' considering he's around the team day in and day out

MightyGiants

I am not sure if I believe Jay or not.

QuoteThe Fox Sports report stated that Daboll and Martindale were in "a bad place" and speculated that Martindale might not last the rest of the season on Daboll's staff.

A high-ranking Giants official who spoke to The Post after the game called the report "complete bulls–t."

https://nypost.com/2023/11/26/sports/giants-push-back-against-idea-of-brian-daboll-wink-martindale-rift/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

4 Aces

Mighty - I assume you've been around long enough to know.

When Jay Glazer talks about the Giants - believe him 100%.

I don't care what the Giants do or say after the fact - if Glazer said it, it's true.

And you know what? It sucks beyond belief. Wink Martindale is probably the best DC we've had since John Fox. He's a legimiately good coach that players love, and he knows how to call a game. And since he's got such a specific scheme, it would be really unfortunate to have to pivot away and start over with a new vision. In a crappy season, the fact Daboll can't get along with Wink Martindale now is probably the worst development of all. (Other than DJ & the OL regressing.)

MightyGiants

Quote from: 4 Aces on November 27, 2023, 01:26:54 PMMighty - I assume you've been around long enough to know.

When Jay Glazer talks about the Giants - believe him 100%.

I don't care what the Giants do or say after the fact - if Glazer said it, it's true.

And you know what? It sucks beyond belief. Wink Martindale is probably the best DC we've had since John Fox. He's a legimiately good coach that players love, and he knows how to call a game. And since he's got such a specific scheme, it would be really unfortunate to have to pivot away and start over with a new vision. In a crappy season, the fact Daboll can't get along with Wink Martindale now is probably the worst development of all. (Other than DJ & the OL regressing.)

I know Jay had a hit or two under previous regimes (notably calling the OBJ trade).  However, I am mindful that guys who were great sources under one GM/HC may not be so under another.

https://x.com/giantswfan/status/1729165647731708371?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

I don't know either way and don't care either way. What I do know is that if there wasn't at the beginning of the year and there is now and we just won 2 straight... bring the damn tension!!!  =D>  =D>
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: