News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hypothetical

Started by Philosophers, November 29, 2023, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: 4 Aces on November 29, 2023, 08:04:18 PMGiven your assumptions, you take a #1 WR in the 1st round. It's the best group I've seen in a long time, with Marvin Harrison, Jr. and real game-changer.

Harrison Jr. and probably Keon Coleman from FSU are game changers , the others probably not worthy of such a high pick.

I wonder if the Bills don't do much the rest of the year or in the playoffs , would Stephan Diggs be available ?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on December 01, 2023, 08:58:11 AMHarrison Jr. and probably Keon Coleman from FSU are game changers , the others probably not worthy of such a high pick.

I wonder if the Bills don't do much the rest of the year or in the playoffs , would Stephan Diggs be available ?

It would have to be through a trade, as he has a huge contract. He turns 31 during the season next year. While he's obviously still very good, he's on a short timeline of playing at this level and might even start to decline next year. Very few receivers don't begin declining by the 31/32 age threshold. So given you'd not only have to take on his contract (which runs through 2027) but would also have to give up draft picks, it really would only make sense for a team that is on the brink of a Super Bowl and needs a player of his caliber to put them over the top. That's not us.