News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Cardinals Release Zach Ertz Per Request

Started by LennG, November 30, 2023, 03:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cardinals-release-zach-ertz-per-request/ar-AA1kNBP2?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=eaf19cd0fa884e00bee8b07a097da6f7&ei=22

Seems no one wants to play for Arizona anymore.

The Cardinals have apparently granted a request made by Zach Ertz to be released so he can try and play for a contender to try and earn another SB ring.

Until I read the contender part, he would still look good in Blue. Always was a pain against us.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

brownelvis54

It would not surprise me if Arizona picks a QB in the draft
The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

Ertz is washed up at this point. No interest. And he would have even less interest in us anyway, so it's moot.

TDToomer

So why doesn't every player on a losing team ask for their release? What makes Mr. Julie Ertz so special? All Panthers and Patriots should demand their release as well.

Honor the contract you signed up for.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Giant Obsession

Another plus 30, oft injured TE.

I think we are full up in that department.

Wonder what Bob Tucker is up to ??
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

kartanoman

Quote from: Giant Obsession on November 30, 2023, 08:47:43 PMAnother plus 30, oft injured TE.

Nah, Gary Shirk was found to be catching passes in his back yard with his grandson throwing to him, sources say.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

kingm56

Quote from: TDToomer on November 30, 2023, 03:43:38 PMSo why doesn't every player on a losing team ask for their release? What makes Mr. Julie Ertz so special? All Panthers and Patriots should demand their release as well.

Honor the contract you signed up for.

What happens if it's mutually beneficial?  Perhaps Arz A: Is trying to secure a top draft pick and B: Doesn't want to pay for a player they no longer want. 

uconnjack8

This happens pretty regularly in the NFL with older players.  Cole Beasley requested his release from the Giants earlier this year.

TDToomer

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 01, 2023, 07:46:26 AMThis happens pretty regularly in the NFL with older players.  Cole Beasley requested his release from the Giants earlier this year.

That's different in that he was never actually on the active roster. He asked out off the PS. And where is he now? 

Quote from: kingm56 on December 01, 2023, 05:15:53 AMWhat happens if it's mutually beneficial?  Perhaps Arz A: Is trying to secure a top draft pick and B: Doesn't want to pay for a player they no longer want. 

Because assuming he clears waivers they will be still be paying him to either go home or play for another team. You can still just not play him if in rebuild mode.

Quote from: Giant Obsession on November 30, 2023, 08:47:43 PMAnother plus 30, oft injured TE.

Did anyone suggest we put in a claim?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

uconnjack8

Quote from: TDToomer on December 01, 2023, 09:08:57 AMThat's different in that he was never actually on the active roster. He asked out off the PS. And where is he now?

Because assuming he clears waivers they will be still be paying him to either go home or play for another team. You can still just not play him if in rebuild mode.

Did anyone suggest we put in a claim?

Not sure it makes any difference. Ertz wasn't playing and has been injured a bunch.  There are plenty of long-term veterans that have asked to be released at points and teams generally will accommodate if they are in certain situations.  I don't think Ertz is over stepping boundaries or acting like he is someone who should get special treatment. 

TDToomer

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 01, 2023, 10:44:49 AMNot sure it makes any difference. Ertz wasn't playing and has been injured a bunch.  There are plenty of long-term veterans that have asked to be released at points and teams generally will accommodate if they are in certain situations.  I don't think Ertz is over stepping boundaries or acting like he is someone who should get special treatment. 

Oh come on! Ertz signed up for 3/$31.650 million a year ago with the Cardinals. Beasley signed a PS contract which is less than league minimum. That is a ginormous difference.

Bob In PA

Quote from: LennG on November 30, 2023, 03:12:44 PMhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cardinals-release-zach-ertz-per-request/ar-AA1kNBP2?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=eaf19cd0fa884e00bee8b07a097da6f7&ei=22

Seems no one wants to play for Arizona anymore.

The Cardinals have apparently granted a request made by Zach Ertz to be released so he can try and play for a contender to try and earn another SB ring.

Until I read the contender part, he would still look good in Blue. Always was a pain against us.

Notwithstanding the possibility that he is washed up, let's see just how "washed-up" he really is when the Eagles sign him to take with them to [supposedly] the Super Bowl. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

spiderblue43

The only teams maybe that could be interested..although I doubt it..would be Philly and Baltimore with injured TEs.  :o

TDToomer

Cleared waivers. Can sign with anyone. Cards will pay him his full salary minus league minimum to catch passes from Hurts.

uconnjack8

Quote from: TDToomer on December 01, 2023, 01:39:16 PMOh come on! Ertz signed up for 3/$31.650 million a year ago with the Cardinals. Beasley signed a PS contract which is less than league minimum. That is a ginormous difference.

I didnt know anything about his salary, but it's really irrelevant.   He asked for a release, he didnt stop showing up and make some crazy public display.  He acted professionally, went to management and asked for something.  There are plenty of players who have done the same.