News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Elephant in the Room- What to do if TommyD runs the Table- (guests can vote)

Started by BluesCruz, December 03, 2023, 10:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should Giants do if TommyD runs the table?

You may only select up to 2 options.

Painter

In that most highly unlikely event, DeVito will be given every opportunity to prove that he and not DJ should be the starter in '024. Indeed, all he has to do is to play exceptionally well in the remaining 5 games for that to happen. De Vito is dirt cheap and Taylor is in a Void next year so Tommy should be around no matter what.

Even if the Jints are picking somewhere in the top-10, I seriously doubt that they will look QB in Round 1, and for now it's too soon to start WAGing.

Cheers!

GloryDays

None of the above. Have Jones and DeVitto compete for the starting QB, the other one will be the back up.

katkavage

This is a hilarious thread. Something akin to Mad Magazine. Giant fans and their fantasies.

Jaime

Jclayton92

Quote from: GloryDays on December 04, 2023, 06:26:12 PMNone of the above. Have Jones and DeVitto compete for the starting QB, the other one will be the back up.
Jones is a bad Qb and Devito had a couple Decent games against the worst teams in football and horrible games against good teams.

Why would you want your franchise to continue to be one of the biggest failures in the NFL when we could change that overnight with the right QB?

I just can't see the logic in being ok with continuing to be a bad football team because heaven forbid we use an extra draft pick to make sure we get the guy we want.

At least take a chance on changing your fortune, because sticking with Jones or doing nothing is not acceptable at this point after the failure that this offense has been the past 4-5 years.

katkavage

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 04, 2023, 10:04:34 PMJones is a bad Qb and Devito had a couple Decent games against the worst teams in football and horrible games against good teams.

Why would you want your franchise to continue to be one of the biggest failures in the NFL when we could change that overnight with the right QB?

I just can't see the logic in being ok with continuing to be a bad football team because heaven forbid we use an extra draft pick to make sure we get the guy we want.

At least take a chance on changing your fortune, because sticking with Jones or doing nothing is not acceptable at this point after the failure that this offense has been the past 4-5 years.
We live in a Giant's bubble. Fan's close to the team (and sadly management and pundits) don't see the reality of the situation clearly or objectively. It is clouded by their  personal biases. If people (myself at times included because I am a fan) could step away and look at the team with a clear, objective eye, they would come away with a much different perspective. Last year really really blinded fans and management into thinking the team was better than they actually were. They won numerous close games against middling to bad teams. Good teams beat the up. The QB played efficiently in a conservative system. He didn't make mistakes, nor did he put up impressive passing yards and TD (the most important stat) numbers. And now, after a dreadful start, a third string QB has come in to win games against currently the two worst teams in the NFL now. And the team barely won those games, I might add. That is not to say the current Giant QB can't show he is more than capable of being an NFL starter. The next five games will tell...if he even is the QB going forward.

BluesCruz

Jones was given an enormously long rope.  He suffers from an acute case of FOBI

(Fear of being Intercepted)

At least giving Tommy 6 games does not seem outrageous.   If he works miracles that will cause a revaluation of the entire pecking order
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

TDToomer

Quote from: katkavage on December 04, 2023, 07:03:41 PMThis is a hilarious thread. Something akin to Mad Magazine. Giant fans and their fantasies.

Careful there. Posts like this get censored and deleted by the mods like mine did.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 05, 2023, 10:17:03 AM13 guests voted.

Yes Ed but unless Tommy D's family and friends are voting its apparent I'm not crazy or at least have company.  The people want Tommy to start next year if he gets us to the playoffs and I dont find that unreasonable considering the competition on the roster and in College.

Tommy throws a sweet ball and even Barkley is holding onto it.  I thought prior to Tommy that Barkley had hands of stone.  Now if even Paris Campbell can hold onto the ball its living proof Tommy's placement and timing are top notch.

That last TD pass to Barkley was world class and came within micro-seconds of being a pick six.

Tommy has "Cajonnes" no? 

PS- Im also and Ed, and we Ed's have to stick together.  Nice Vette BTW.  A friend of mine went to Syracuse.  He had a 1969 Vette with the big engine.... and I left a patch of rubber going at 70 MPH in that beast as we drove up to his school from Jersey.
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 05, 2023, 11:22:59 AMYes Ed but unless Tommy D's family and friends are voting its apparent I'm not crazy or at least have company.  The people want Tommy to start next year if he gets us to the playoffs and I dont find that unreasonable considering the competition on the roster and in College.
It's also possible that the people that chose Anoint Tommy the 2024 Starter and make GMs aware DannyJ is available for trade are more concerned about being rid of DJ and don't care about who starts next season.

I think the majority of folks have seen enough from DJ and are at the point where he's not the future of the franchise at QB.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

4 Aces

I think the elephant in the room is Brian Daboll and Mike Kafka's offense.

There is no reason to give up right now. The plan should be run the table and get into the Playoffs. It's unbelievable but almost lost in the DeVito hoopla is the inept overall offense. I'm looking at this offense:

*Barkley's back.

*Andrew Thomas at LT.

*Schmitz at C.

*Phillips a little sturdier at RT.

*Hyatt and Wan'dale starting.

*Their choice of Taylor or DeVito at QB.

If these guys are good offensive coaches, this 10 ppg nonsense has to be over. Move the ball. Score points. There is no reason from a personnel standpoint we should be OK with ineffective. There's a lot of ball left to play and I want evidence of a smart operation.

Jclayton92

The only logical argument against drafting a QB early this coming season is the probability that the Qb will bust as most teams that draft a QB early in the 1st and they fail and try again the probability is high that they will fail as well.

Jaguars Gabbert to Blake Bortles
Vikings Ponder to Bridgewater
Browns Weeden to Manziel
Cardinals Rosen to Murray
Jets Darnold to Wilson

The truth is that Franchise Qbs that are elite never hit the open market. They just don't because teams aren't dumb enough to let an elite Qb go.

So if you can't win without an elite Qb and the only way you can really get one is by drafting one then you have to take that chance. I mean look at Bill B, the guy largely considered the best coach ever, he drafted more Qbs than almost anyone from 2002-2019 while he had Brady. Because the position matters that much, that even though he had Tom he drafted 11 Qbs while Tom was still playing for him.

Ed Vette

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 05, 2023, 11:22:59 AMPS- Im also and Ed, and we Ed's have to stick together.  Nice Vette BTW.  A friend of mine went to Syracuse.  He had a 1969 Vette with the big engine.... and I left a patch of rubber going at 70 MPH in that beast as we drove up to his school from Jersey.

If he had the L71-435 or the L68-400 with 460 lb-ft torque I can see a power shift from 2nd to third at that speed. The L-88 was rated at 435 HP but these cars were closer to 500+ HP in that era. The next year Chevy came out with the LS6 with 450 HP. I had a performance-built Mopar 383 that was Dyno tested at 535 HP at the rear wheels. I needed welded solid motor mounts and Traction bars so the drive shaft wouldn't pull out. The good old days. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

If DeVito "runs the table" he should be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame immediately.

It would be the greatest achievement ever by any player in any league in any TEAM sport.

Not to mention... one of the most unlikely/impossible long-shots in the history of sports betting.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!