News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Without a doubt, we do not need a quarterback in the draft

Started by brownelvis54, December 17, 2023, 03:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Actually, we do need a quarterback..... the above title of the thread is the ultimate paradox. Yes, we do need a quarterback I don't think Jones is the guy are used to like him a lot and I still do as a person but I just don't see it. However, we are stuck with him next year like it or not and as far as DeVito, I don't think he's a QB1 either.

Watching these past few games, it's painfully obvious we need more than just a quarterback. I am 100% in the camp of just getting the best player possible when we pick.. we need help all over the team AND somehow if we are lucky enough to be able to draft William, Maye or Daniel's..... when we are up in the first round, I would trade that pic with any other team in desperate need of a quarterback to acquire as many draft picks as we can get.
The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

We are a bad team. We're about to be 5-9. We need help at most positions. QB is most definitely one of them. In fact it is the most important one. Does that mean we should necessarily take a QB in this draft? No, it doesn't. It depends on who is available to us and what our rating of that player is. We certainly should not take a QB just take one. I doubt our GM plans on doing that.

But just because we're not picking in the top 5 doesn't mean we definitely shouldn't take a QB. It depends on what our front office thinks of the QBs who are available. Same as any other position.

sooners56

Giants need to draft one of these QBs, Williams, Maye, Daniels
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Philosophers

4 sacks given up through the middle of the 2nd quarter.  Enough said.

brownelvis54

Quote from: sooners56 on December 17, 2023, 03:26:19 PMGiants need to draft one of these QBs, Williams, Maye, Daniels

IF one of them fell to us....I would trade our pick for a kings ransom. We are more than a QB away from being good

StompYouOT

In today's NFL everyone is a QB away from being good.  If they really like one of those three I would make a trade up in necessary.  The Bills don't regret doing it for Allen and it worked out with Eli.  The real issue is if the front office is sure there's a franchise guy there.

If not then BPA or trade back for more picks.  I agree we need help across the board, but it all starts under center.  Wasting more high picks on OL isn't gonna help us.

Jclayton92

An elite Qb covers up a ton of blemishes elsewhere.

QB is the most important position in football so why would that not be our priority?

Grab 2 linemen in FA
draft a RB to pair with Gray
Draft an Edge
And get a few more pieces in FA and we are there.

Just don't see how QB is not 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, and 1F.... Most of our problems get resolved with one addition.

Painter

Back to Earth now, are we now?

Who knows whether they will use an early pick on a QB. But if they do, and for his sake, and indeed for DJ's, who assuming he's fully recovered by Spring, will be- make no mistake- the intended starter next year, they'd better do everything possible to make major improvement in the Oline.

It's hard to imagine that even after today when DeVito has thrown for all of 177 yards, 2 FGs, no TDs, been sacked 7 times, and Barkley with 9 carries for 14 yards that anyone could continue to be so blind, so unwilling to see.

Cheers!

killarich

I agree with you 100% if NONE of those fell to us .... But someone really wants one of those other QBs

Take everything you can get and milk them

Get a threat at receiver ..... get another guard (or 2)

Draft another EDGE

We have an extra third rounder

If you can move back .... Possibly get another 1st whether this draft or next draft and get multiple seconds and thirds you have to do it

We have to build this team

Devito was limping around

Both Jones and Taylor were out with injuries

Rather not draft a QB just to draft a QB .... Because if we reach again for a QB and either get him shellshocked or injured it's just another wasted pick

At the every least have a somewhat decent foundation for the future qb ..... because this o-line is going to get somebody killed

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 17, 2023, 04:04:40 PMAn elite Qb covers up a ton of blemishes elsewhere.

QB is the most important position in football so why would that not be our priority?

Grab 2 linemen in FA
Draft an Edge

Just don't see how QB is not 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, and 1F.... Most of our problems get resolved with one addition.

Here is the problem. We have 7 draft picks and hole everywhere. Add to the fact we are on the hook with Jones for at least 1 more year. Why not get an EDGE, Guard, Tackle, RB, TE and WR with our high picks, I think next year will be more of the same, we will probably pick high in 2025 too, we could get our QB then and add a vet QB in 2025 to mentor our new young QB

Jclayton92

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 17, 2023, 04:09:14 PMHere is the problem. We have 7 draft picks and hole everywhere. Add to the fact we are on the hook with Jones for at least 1 more year. Why not get an EDGE, Guard, Tackle, RB, TE and WR with our high picks, I think next year will be more of the same, we will probably pick high in 2025 too, we could get our QB then and add a vet QB in 2025 to mentor our new young QB
What Quarterback in 2025? There isn't one....

We just drafted a guard, rb, multiple wrs, and have multiple TEs.

There is no reason to not get a qb this year to be ready when Jones comes off the books and then you have 4 years to build around them.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 17, 2023, 04:11:17 PMWhat Quarterback in 2025? There isn't one....

We just drafted a guard, rb, multiple wrs, and have multiple TEs.

There is no reason to not get a qb this year to be ready when Jones comes off the books and then you have 4 years to build around them.

Shedeur Sanders, Drew Allar, Conner Weigman and Jalen Milroe to name a few

brownelvis54

Quote from: Painter on December 17, 2023, 04:05:35 PMBack to Earth now, are we now?

Who knows whether they will use an early pick on a QB. But if they do, and for his sake, and indeed for DJ's, who assuming he's fully recovered by Spring, will be- make no mistake- the intended starter next year, they'd better do everything possible to make major improvement in the Oline.

It's hard to imagine that even after today when DeVito has thrown for all of 177 yards, 2 FGs, no TDs, been sacked 7 times, and Barkley with 9 carries for 14 yards that anyone could continue to be so blind, so unwilling to see.

Cheers!

je suis de retour sur terre

coggs

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 17, 2023, 04:04:40 PMAn elite Qb covers up a ton of blemishes elsewhere.

Grab 2 linemen in FA
Draft an Edge

Linemen in FA are always going to be overpaid and underperform.  If they were worth the money, their prior team would extend them before they get to FA.

Jclayton92

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 17, 2023, 04:20:11 PMShedeur Sanders, Drew Allar, Conner Weigman and Jalen Milroe to name a few
Look I'm sure someone somewhere has those guys in a mock draft for 2025 but none of those guys even remotely compare to the top 5 Qbs in the 2024 draft.

Aller- while not turning it over led a really bad offense with limited production

Weigmam- has only played in 9 games in 2 years because he can't stay healthy

Milroe- while dynamic with his legs can't throw a short/intermediate pass to save his life most games.

Sanders- while having great numbers only did so against bad teams and got smacked around by any remotely good team.

So yes on paper there are QBs next season but in reality the top 5 in this class are miles better right now than any guy next year. So why wait?

Jayden daniels has everything you want out of a modern NFL Qb, so why would we just not take him? Why wait, why continue to hold off on what is a glaring weakness of our franchise the past 5 years.