News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT Dan Quinn's interview card is full

Started by MightyGiants, January 15, 2024, 01:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AYM

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 15, 2024, 01:58:20 PMhttps://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1746963251869433946?s=20

That many jobs - if I were ole Jerruh I'd wonder if Quinn put more into these HC interviews than he did yesterday's gameplan.

DaveBrown74

The Dallas D looked woefully unprepared last night. I have no reason to question Quinn's professionalism in general, but I wonder if all the head coaching opportunity stuff distracted him a little this past week. Imagine all the texts, calls, and person emails he has received regarding the subject of his next job in the last 10 days or so. Even the most dedicated, diligent person might have found it a struggle to remain 100% focused on nothing but the Packers all week.

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 15, 2024, 02:02:50 PMThe Dallas D looked woefully unprepared last night. I have no reason to question Quinn's professionalism in general, but I wonder if all the head coaching opportunity stuff distracted him a little this past week. Imagine all the texts, calls, and person emails he has received regarding the subject of his next job in the last 10 days or so. Even the most dedicated, diligent person might have found it a struggle to remain 100% focused on nothing but the Packers all week.

well he screwed himself then.  His defense was offensive
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 15, 2024, 02:26:32 PMwell he screwed himself then.  His defense was offensive

He'll still get a gig.

I'm not bullish on him as a head coach though, and that has nothing to do with yesterday's game.

spiderblue43

One thing about his defense: Small hybrid lbs that got manhandled by the Niners and Bills..even Cards.

Their best game plan was to light up the scoreboard..play D with a lead and pressure. Pack countered that strategy from the get-go. Had them on their heels. Staff was clueless.

TDToomer

Quinn was HC for the biggest choke job in Super Bowl History and his D gave up 41 points yesterday. Buyer beware.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 15, 2024, 02:39:05 PMOne thing about his defense: Small hybrid lbs that got manhandled by the Niners and Bills..even Cards.

Their best game plan was to light up the scoreboard..play D with a lead and pressure. Pack countered that strategy from the get-go. Had them on their heels. Staff was clueless.

Absolutely. They won the toss and took the ball. They set the tone.

files58

Quote from: TDToomer on January 15, 2024, 05:25:42 PMQuinn was HC for the biggest choke job in Super Bowl History and his D gave up 41 points yesterday. Buyer beware.
[/quo

This. All he had to do was run the ball, and use clock.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 15, 2024, 02:02:50 PMThe Dallas D looked woefully unprepared last night. I have no reason to question Quinn's professionalism in general, but I wonder if all the head coaching opportunity stuff distracted him a little this past week. Imagine all the texts, calls, and person emails he has received regarding the subject of his next job in the last 10 days or so. Even the most dedicated, diligent person might have found it a struggle to remain 100% focused on nothing but the Packers all week.
In a non—interference rule but anything goes...Much more so than Tommy DeVito, right? ;)
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin