News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ben Macadoo And Patrick Mahomes

Started by Brooklyn Dave, January 31, 2024, 09:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 31, 2024, 01:21:32 PMI see things differently.  I consider the "QB lifts up his teammates" a bit of a myth.  From what I have seen, teammates tend to lift up the quarterback, especially when they are developing.  It's not to say that a good QB can't make an offensive lineman's or receiver's job easier, but it's a two-way street.
Most definitely a two-way street. But in the "lost SB" situation above, I think it's fair to say that Mahomes did more of the heavy lifting than his line did over the course of the season.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Painter

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on January 31, 2024, 09:39:35 AMImagine the Giants now with Mahomes as their QB ?

Hell, no! I can't imagine it. It's hard to imagine much of anything making sense where the Giants are concerned.

Think about it. Why were the Giants picking as late as 24th in that 2017 Draft rather than in the top-10 as most often they are? Because it followed the McAdoodoodle Giants now almost inexplicable 11-win season, the most in the past 15 years, before crashing back the next year to a 30 years worst 3-13. Neither irony nor good fortune has been a Giants fan for what now is well over a decade.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on January 31, 2024, 02:29:01 PMHell, no! I can't imagine it. It's hard to imagine much of anything making sense where the Giants are concerned.

Think about it. Why were the Giants picking as late as 24th in that 2017 Draft rather than in the top-10 as most often they are? Because it followed the McAdoodoodle Giants now almost inexplicable 11-win season, the most in the past 15 years, before crashing back the next year to a 30 years worst 3-13. Neither irony nor good fortune has been a Giants fan for what now is well over a decade.

Cheers!

It wasn't that hard to understand the 11-game season.  Reese spent like a drunken sailor in free agency, and they had enough talent to make it to the playoffs.  Of course, as mercenaries tend to do, their motivation faded over time.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 31, 2024, 02:33:19 PMIt wasn't that hard to understand the 11-game season.  Reese spent like a drunken sailor in free agency, and they had enough talent to make it to the playoffs.  Of course, as mercenaries tend to do, their motivation faded over time.

I must say that's an interesting take on the matter, Rich. So, I reckon that the "boat trip" must have signaled the end of mercenary motivation.  <:-P

Cheers!