News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Another one saying this is a three round draft

Started by MightyGiants, February 05, 2024, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 05, 2024, 01:49:47 PMThe NFL may regret saving money on the backs of rookies

Nope. Back in the late 80's, early 90's players stayed in college for four years, even the elite players. The elite players have five to play four. All the NIL does is make that the norm again. Personally I think it's healthy for the league. They're getting a more mature player who's been exposed to having life changing money.any of the bs that would trip up a 20 year old rookie is out of the way. It'll take another year or two to work its way through the system but they still only have four to play five. Sooner or later they'll enter the draft.

MightyGiants

Quote from: madbadger on February 06, 2024, 12:07:04 PMNope. Back in the late 80's, early 90's players stayed in college for four years, even the elite players. The elite players have five to play four. All the NIL does is make that the norm again. Personally I think it's healthy for the league. They're getting a more mature player who's been exposed to having life changing money.any of the bs that would trip up a 20 year old rookie is out of the way. It'll take another year or two to work its way through the system but they still only have four to play five. Sooner or later they'll enter the draft.

Back then the talent pool was only being split 28 ways as opposed to today's 32 ways
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 06, 2024, 12:12:45 PMBack then the talent pool was only being split 28 ways as opposed to today's 32 ways

The draft was also 12 rounds back then instead of 7 today.

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 06, 2024, 12:12:45 PMBack then the talent pool was only being split 28 ways as opposed to today's 32 ways

So what. Back then the USA population was 250 Million compared to 335 Million in 2023.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Painter

So, we are buying someone's assertion that this is a weak Draft after Day 2? But then why not, it's always a safe bet that no matter when it is decided and by whom, no one will remember who said what in a year or two, or three unless in serves his/her purpose to even bother.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on February 06, 2024, 04:36:58 PMSo, we are buying someone's assertion that this is weak Draft after Day 2? But then why not, it's always a safe bet that no matter when it is decided and by whom, no one will remember who said what in a year or two, or three unless in serves his/her purpose to even bother.

Cheers!

Maybe you consider this fellow just "someone".  How about this guy?

https://x.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1749086720497189051?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Maybe they shouldn't have allowed the extra COVID year unless the player chose to sit out the entire season. It seems crazy that some players need 6 years to finish a 4 year degree anyway. Yes I know some do graduate work which is nice. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Painter

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 06, 2024, 06:40:49 PMMaybe you consider this fellow just "someone".  How about this guy?

https://x.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1749086720497189051?s=20

They can rationalize it any way they wish but you cannot but know that nothing in the history of the Draft speaks to predictability which is why they- whose job it is to stir the pot-  and the rest of us, get it wrong more often than not. You, of course, know that as well as any of us which is not to suggest that we don't appreciate your efforts to keep us informed.

Cheers!