News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Done with Daniel Jones?

Started by Jclayton92, March 05, 2024, 08:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Following the combine multiple sources have come out and said the Giants were done with Jones.

https://youtu.be/8I3Y62CMNzU?si=y731UvMnWG0TIS9A

MightyGiants

I was listening to a recent Mike Lombardi podcast.  He is still well-connected in the league and has multiple sources within the Giants (he is friends with Daboll, as an example).

He is convinced that the Giants are planning to move forward with Daniel Jones.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 05, 2024, 08:56:59 AMI was listening to a recent Mike Lombardi podcast.  He is still well-connected in the league and has multiple sources within the Giants (he is friends with Daboll, as an example).

He is convinced that the Giants are planning to move forward with Daniel Jones.
I am too. Next year but they have no choice. They are locked into moving forward with a hobbled Daniel Jones in 2024. That shouldn't change the need for a QB of the future. How much forward they will move with Daniel Jones is the real question.

Ed Vette

Quote from: katkavage on March 05, 2024, 09:23:41 AMI am too. Next year but they have no choice. They are locked into moving forward with a hobbled Daniel Jones in 2024. That shouldn't change the need for a QB of the future. How much forward they will move with Daniel Jones is the real question.
What does moving forward mean... it's open to interpretation.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 05, 2024, 09:26:40 AMWhat does moving forward mean... it's open to interpretation.

Exactly.  Moving forward for one year is certainly different from moving forward beyond that as well.

I think he starts next season.  Whether he finishes it or not is another question.  His injuries at this stage of his career have to also be taken into account.

Jolly Blue Giant

Oh good...another DJ thread and Holy Cow...a rumor  :what:

Nothing that is said, written, implied, inferred, hinted at, speculated, guessed, "insider knowledge", etc., has anything whatsoever to do with reality prior to the draft 

Talking heads need viewers, and beat writers need hits to keep their jobs. They gotta get people worked up in order to get those viewers and hits. Apparently it's working, and working well
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

I will add this, most people were convinced the Giants were out on Thibs.  Joe Schoen can blow smoke with the best of them.

The more I study, the more I am convinced that the team drafting a QB is as important as the QB when it comes to the ultimate success of the QB prospect. 

If the Giants don't draft a QB this year, they could go a long way toward building the infrastructure needed to successfully develop a QB. 

If the Giants draft a QB this year, and especially if they need to spend extra capital to secure them, the development infrastructure will be subpar.

The real challenge is that next year's QB draft class is not expected to be very good.

Essentially, the team is not in a great situation, thanks to DeVito-mania (really the three wins that created it)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Philosophers on March 05, 2024, 09:28:54 AMExactly.  Moving forward for one year is certainly different from moving forward beyond that as well.

I think he starts next season.  Whether he finishes it or not is another question.  His injuries at this stage of his career have to also be taken into account.

Exactly that. Jones will be on the roster come September and the likely starter if ready.

After that is anyone's guess.

Painter

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 05, 2024, 09:47:01 AMI will add this, most people were convinced the Giants were out on Thibs.  Joe Schoen can blow smoke with the best of them.

The more I study, the more I am convinced that the team drafting a QB is as important as the QB when it comes to the ultimate success of the QB prospect. 

If the Giants don't draft a QB this year, they could go a long way toward building the infrastructure needed to successfully develop a QB. 

If the Giants draft a QB this year, and especially if they need to spend extra capital to secure them, the development infrastructure will be subpar.

The real challenge is that next year's QB draft class is not expected to be very good.

Essentially the team is not the in a great situation, thanks to DeVito Ania (really the three wins that created it)

Precisely right, lively golden, crystally clear...sorry, I don't know why I thought of Ballantine Beer, but you nailed it, Rich. Spot on.

Cheers!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Painter on March 05, 2024, 10:13:06 AMPrecisely right, lively golden, crystally clear...sorry, I don't know why I thought of Ballantine Beer, but you nailed it, Rich. Spot on.

Cheers!

LOL  =))

The only thing I can say about Ballantine beer, is that it was better than Carling Black Label  :sick:
I had forgotten about the beers of my youth 

Sem

Quote from: Painter on March 05, 2024, 10:13:06 AMPrecisely right, lively golden, crystally clear...sorry, I don't know why I thought of Ballantine Beer, but you nailed it, Rich. Spot on.

Cheers!

Perhaps you're just dreaming of three more rings, @Painter  ;)

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 05, 2024, 10:19:32 AMLOL  =))

The only thing I can say about Ballantine beer, is that it was better than Carling Black Label  :sick:
I had forgotten about the beers of my youth 
And Rolling Rock, but on par with Schlitz.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

B1GBLUE

Could be a smokescreen to get another team to trade up and snag a qb. i still see most mocks saying we are taking a receiver whether it be nabers or odunze. i see jj going late 1st round... wouldnt be opposed to trading back up for him. but we need instant playmaker at 6. not a guy who's going to sit most or all of this year and who's position has a very high failure rate. we need to absolutely smash this pick.

Painter

Quote from: Sem on March 05, 2024, 10:19:38 AMPerhaps you're just dreaming of three more rings, @Painter  ;)

Right now, I'd have a hard time dreaming of even one (more) ring. But if they have the equivalent of one of Mel's "Ballantine Blasts" in FA and the Draft, it would be a good way to start.

Cheers!

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 05, 2024, 10:33:33 AMAnd Rolling Rock, but on par with Schlitz.

There used to be a sports bar in Binghamton that had Tuesday Night specials: 1.00 for Rolling Rock "ponies" and "nickel wings"...my only experience with RR...not terrible...better than Genny, IMO (not saying much)

Schlitz is actually a great beer, and you can still get it at specialty beer houses. Tastes a lot like Yuengling. Utica Club is coming back in style in my area which is also a good beer...again, IMO