News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

For what it's worth, here is the 33rd Team insider on NYG round 1

Started by MightyGiants, April 19, 2024, 12:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

CHATTER: GIANTS WILL TAKE A QB AT NO. 6 OR TRADE UP
There has been talk about this since Daniel Jones tore his ACL last season, and it was clear the New York Giants would have a top pick. Yes, the organization has done extensive work on all the top quarterbacks in the draft. However, I have not gotten the indication they'd pull the trigger on taking one at No. 6.

There are rumblings in league circles that if Drake Maye fell, he could intrigue them the most. Otherwise, they likely will take a different position, whether a receiver or an offensive lineman. There is a good chance the Giants will explore taking a quarterback in this draft, but it could be in the second round.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/2024-nfl-draft-fact-or-fiction-on-draft-trade-rumors/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

That's as close to what I think as it gets. 

Only one QB (Daniels for me) would make me think about trading up (if he got past Bears & Commodes).

It's clear to me Giants need an elite WR to make the rest of our receiving corps appear to belong in the NFL.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

katkavage

spiderblue43

Well...the Commodes are squirrely..having last minute qb mixers. I don't believe anything in the  pipeline..rumor mongering etc. Agents are the source almost all the time...just noise.

Oh..do they have an interest in creating value...or perceived ? Of course.

MightyGiants

Quote from: AYM on April 19, 2024, 04:55:40 PMSo we should expect the Giants to take Penix?

I hadn't notice he was missing from the list
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE