News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What's With the Black Uniforms?

Started by jimv, November 06, 2022, 05:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Washington was wearing them today.  Other teams have been doing the same thing all season.  I hate it! :boooo:
Why don't they just wear their regular unis?

ozzie

I agree, Jim. One of the things I love about sports in general is the TRADITION. Changing uniforms every year and bringing in 3rd jerseys and "Color Rush" jerseys for no real reason other than a money grab hoping fans will want to buy them is a total disregard for tradition. It also goes against letting any kind of tradition develop.
It's like taking the pinstripes off the Yankees or removing the flying wheel from the Detroit Red Wings.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: ozzie on November 07, 2022, 08:25:47 AMI agree, Jim. One of the things I love about sports in general is the TRADITION. Changing uniforms every year and bringing in 3rd jerseys and "Color Rush" jerseys for no real reason other than a money grab hoping fans will want to buy them is a total disregard for tradition. It also goes against letting any kind of tradition develop.
It's like taking the pinstripes off the Yankees or removing the flying wheel from the Detroit Red Wings.
Ozzie

Tradition is gone from our sports and slowly from our homes!

The instant gratification generation wants everything new, different and they wanted it yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennG

More jerseys - more money spent by silly fans
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

killarich

If it's just one game I don't see the issue with it

I also prefer regular uniforms (although I do like the hated giants red jersey lol) but options aren't a bad thing to me

jimv

Quote from: killarich on November 07, 2022, 11:19:24 AMIf it's just one game I don't see the issue with it

I also prefer regular uniforms (although I do like the hated giants red jersey lol) but options aren't a bad thing to me

You just don't remember when the Giant jerseys were red.  Personally, I wouldn't mind an occasional game in red.  But, NEVER black!

Giant Obsession

Quote from: jimv on November 07, 2022, 03:25:28 PMYou just don't remember when the Giant jerseys were red.  Personally, I wouldn't mind an occasional game in red.  But, NEVER black!

I always loved our red back in the day.  I figured it gave the laundry extra time to get our blue and white jerseys repaired and cleaned :)  Seriously.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon