News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Are the Giants REALLY taking a step back if Jones and Barkley are let go?

Started by brownelvis54, November 06, 2022, 06:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: todge on November 07, 2022, 05:42:35 PMYou better break out the rosary beads, light all the novena candles you can find and even go to Lourdes. Daniel Jones will be the Giant QB next year and not Tyrod Taylor or any other scrub you can find.

I guess you haven't noticed that DJ has more 4th quarter comebacks than any other QB in the league. All that with what is probably the worst WR corp in the entire league.

We get it. You don't like DJ. But you're letting your dislike for him cloud your thinking into this delusion that he flat out stinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That alone doesn't mean the Giants are going to sign him to a long term deal.

It takes more then that to be a QB in the NFL.

Jclayton92

Quote from: todge on November 07, 2022, 05:42:35 PMYou better break out the rosary beads, light all the novena candles you can find and even go to Lourdes. Daniel Jones will be the Giant QB next year and not Tyrod Taylor or any other scrub you can find.

I guess you haven't noticed that DJ has more 4th quarter comebacks than any other QB in the league. All that with what is probably the worst WR corp in the entire league.

We get it. You don't like DJ. But you're letting your dislike for him cloud your thinking into this delusion that he flat out stinks.

I realize your feelings get hurt when Jones and Gettleman get brought up but look at the title of the thread? You still haven't replied to Dave, myself or 20 other people why you think Jones is worthy of being resigned? You just pop in cry, praise Gettleman, and leave. How about posting stats or factual information that leads to the actual topic?

You told everyone Jones had already had a deal in place with the front office when Schoen said they haven't even talked this past Tuesday, so how are we supposed to even take you seriously?

There are 4th round rookies throwing the ball better then Jones right now lol but yeah sign him long term to 30 million.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: CVA14 on November 07, 2022, 03:56:04 PMBarkley depends on what you can get for him. And sorry I'm not convinced anyone has the potential in next year's QB class to excite me or to meet Schoen's criteria in the NFL.

They can't get anything for him.  At the end of the year he's a free agent.  I guess they could maybe go the tag and trade route, but that would be admitting they messed up by not trading him before the deadline.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

todge

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 07, 2022, 06:08:34 PMI realize your feelings get hurt when Jones and Gettleman get brought up but look at the title of the thread? You still haven't replied to Dave, myself or 20 other people why you think Jones is worthy of being resigned? You just pop in cry, praise Gettleman, and leave. How about posting stats or factual information that leads to the actual topic?

You told everyone Jones had already had a deal in place with the front office when Schoen said they haven't even talked this past Tuesday, so how are we supposed to even take you seriously?

There are 4th round rookies throwing the ball better then Jones right now lol but yeah sign him long term to 30 million.
No my feelings don't get hurt . Show me where I even mentioned DG in this thread.So stop making up fairy tales.

No I never said a deal for DJ was already in place. Instead I referred to Schoen's press conference where he stated they are looking into extensions for Barkley and DG.

You make it sound as if you make the decisions for the Giants. With all due respect to you and others here, you guys don't make the decisions for this Franchise.

Fourth round rookies throwing the ball better than DJ? Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself with your lack of solid football knowledge. Bailey Zappe has one good game and he's now better than DJ. OMG

You don't have to take me seriously. I could care less about you and your daily anti- DJ posts. But I will have the last laugh. DJ will be the QB for the Giants next year.

Jclayton92

Quote from: todge on November 07, 2022, 08:01:33 PMNo my feelings don't get hurt . Show me where I even mentioned DG in this thread.So stop making up fairy tales.

No I never said a deal for DJ was already in place. Instead I referred to Schoen's press conference where he stated they are looking into extensions for Barkley and DG.

You make it sound as if you make the decisions for the Giants. With all due respect to you and others here, you guys don't make the decisions for this Franchise.

Fourth round rookies throwing the ball better than DJ? Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself with your lack of solid football knowledge. Bailey Zappe has one good game and he's now better than DJ. OMG

You don't have to take me seriously. I could care less about you and your daily anti- DJ posts. But I will have the last laugh. DJ will be the QB for the Giants next year.

Is it the future or just next season?

Since you refuse to give numbers or stats I will. For you to act like Jones has been anything but horrible throwing the football is mind blowing...

159.1 passing yards per Game 29th
1273 passing yards 30th
144 completions 29th
6.3 Average pass 30th
223 Attempts 29th

The only teams below us are Chicago and Tennessee in most categories... That's absolutely horrible and for you to try to spin it as anything other than that is wild.
His attempts are st the bottom of the league because our staff does not want him passing.

Next Gen:
Out of 39 QBs
Time to throw 3.03 38th
Avg Cmp Air Yards 4.6 33rd
Avg Inteded yards 6.5 36th
Aggressive% 17.3  10th meaning that Only 17% of Jones' passes are into tight windows, that's not good.
Avg yds to the stick -2.8 38th meaning that he consistently throws short of the 1st down marker more than any QB or backup that has played besides 1.

Also Bailey Zappe was #6 in QB rating with 100.9 over the 4 games he played to Jones' 88, so not sure how that's embarrassing?

Daniel Jones passing game is broken, the only QB out of 39 that was worse in most categories was Matt Ryan.

So 30 million for the 38th ranked QB? Just wondering how that's logical?