News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

McKinney injured himself ATVing

Started by MightyGiants, November 07, 2022, 11:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Why not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AYM

Rambo89

LOL, just saw that and had to laugh.  I get these guys are human and want to enjoy their lives but in season even on a bye week I don't get why you would go on an ATV or do anything that puts your health at risk.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

zephirus

I would expect more out of a supposed leader on this defense.  Most contracts include provisions against participating in activities like this.  Doubt the Giants will, but they could go after guaranteed money if it's determined he injured himself in an activity that's prohibited.  If I'm Daboll, I'd use this as a learning experience for McKinney and strip him of his captaincy.  It's an optics only measure but would send an important message that maintaining your body during the season is extremely important. 

MightyGiants

ATVing may well be in violation of his contract, either implied or expressly forbidden

https://www.thesportster.com/football/nfl-players-contract-clauses-prohibit-wrestling/

QuoteThe 49ers, on the other hand, have made it clear what they expect from their players. 49ers' contracts prevent players, such as Jimmy Garoppolo and Richard Sherman, from professional wrestling, boxing, skydiving, hang gliding, rock or mountain climbing, racing of any kind including as a driver or a passenger, motorcycling, use of any off-road or all-terrain vehicle, firearms, scuba diving, jet skiing, surfing, bungee jumping, diving, and snow or water skiing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

The Giants can void McKinney's guaranteed monies

https://theathletic.com/900157/2019/04/03/what-do-the-figures-really-mean-the-restrictions-incentives-and-fine-print-within-giants-contracts/

QuoteGuaranteed salary in a Giants player's contract "shall immediately become null and void in its entirety ... if a player is unavailable to Club as a result of engaging in any activity which may involve a significant risk of personal injury ... including, but not limited to, water or snow skiing, surfing, hang gliding, bungee jumping, diving, sky diving, rock or mountain climbing, race car driving as driver or passenger, riding a motorcycle, motor bike, all-terrain or similar vehicle as driver or passenger, professional or amateur wrestling."
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Thin Blue Line

I just noticed this on another site and I'm reminded yet again why we can't have nice things.  Seriously? ACL, MCL, Achilles, Hamstring, Quad, and Eye Socket injuries aren't enough.  It's not JPP firecracker stupid, but not far off.  ~X(

MightyGiants

Quote from: Thin Blue Line on November 07, 2022, 11:30:50 AMI just noticed this on another site and I'm reminded yet again why we can't have nice things.  Seriously? ACL, MCL, Achilles, Hamstring, Quad, and Eye Socket injuries aren't enough.  It's not JPP firecracker stupid, but not far off.  ~X(

Bruce,

Not far off indeed. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

killarich

Can't ride a motorcycle ? The ATV's I get because it's normally used to ride recklessly

But a motorcycle can be a regular means of transportation

MightyGiants

Quote from: killarich on November 07, 2022, 11:32:23 AMCan't ride a motorcycle ? The ATV's I get because it's normally used to ride recklessly

But a motorcycle can be a regular means of transportation

Remember Ben Roethlisberger's accident?  Motorcycle accidents can cause massive trauma
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MadisonGiantFan

Prediction: he is the chip used to trade up in 1st round before the draft so we are in a position to move up on draft day.

Sem

JFC!! Cursed is right. When will this cycle end??

DaveBrown74

It wouldn't shock me if alcohol was involved in this. Obviously I don't know that for sure, but realistically if I were in my mid 20s on a trip to Cabo with a bunch of buddies having fun off-roading on ATVs, I could easily see beers being in the equation, same as when you're playing a fun Saturday round of golf with a group of guys.

Drunk or sober, this was poor judgment on McKinney's part. You're in the middle of a playoff caliber season. Putting yourself in a situation like this in the teeth of the season is just not very bright. Obviously we have all seen far worse behavior from NFL players, but he needs to be better than that if he wants a second contract with this team.