News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

McKinney injured himself ATVing

Started by MightyGiants, November 07, 2022, 11:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

AZGiantFan

Yikes, that puts him at 1 of 3 on the 'smart, tough, dependable' scale.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Unacceptable behavior!...totally immature, selfish and unacceptable

Woody

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 07, 2022, 11:21:45 AMATVing may well be in violation of his contract, either implied or expressly forbidden

https://www.thesportster.com/football/nfl-players-contract-clauses-prohibit-wrestling/
I agree the money they pay these guys there should be restrictions on what they can do during the season.
At least he didn't shoot himself in the leg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody

DaveBrown74

I'm very disappointed by this, however I have never had a problem with anything McKinney has said or done before to this point. He seems like a good teammate and a high effort guy who wants to win. He deserves to be reprimanded for this for sure, but calling for him to be traded (purely because of this) or severely disciplined seems a bit much to me. People make mistakes. If he learns from this experience and gains some maturity, and he doesn't mess up again, I'm not going to hold any sort of permanent grudge about it. It was dumb for sure, but I have seen far worse behavior.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Believe me if they even considered cutting him he will be a Cowboy in 10 seconds. Let the kid take his medicine and move on

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 07, 2022, 12:14:20 PMI'm very disappointed by this, however I have never had a problem with anything McKinney has said or done before to this point. He seems like a good teammate and a high effort guy who wants to win. He deserves to be reprimanded for this for sure, but calling for him to be traded (purely because of this) or severely disciplined seems a bit much to me. People make mistakes. If he learns from this experience and gains some maturity, and he doesn't mess up again, I'm not going to hold any sort of permanent grudge about it. It was dumb for sure, but I have seen far worse behavior.

I can't help but feel calling this a "mistake" is understating things a bit.  To me, a mistake is dropping an INT or committing a dumb penalty.    This was a deliberate violation, and as a result of his willful disregard, his teammates will pay the price.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 07, 2022, 12:26:26 PMI can't help but feel calling this a "mistake" is understating things a bit.  To me, a mistake is dropping an INT or committing a dumb penalty.    This was a deliberate violation, and as a result of his willful disregard, his teammates will pay the price.

If that is the case should we also agree OBJ actions before he was sent packing also wasn't a mistake and therefore he shouldn't be afforded the opportunity to return to the Giants?

zephirus

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 07, 2022, 12:14:20 PMI'm very disappointed by this, however I have never had a problem with anything McKinney has said or done before to this point. He seems like a good teammate and a high effort guy who wants to win. He deserves to be reprimanded for this for sure, but calling for him to be traded (purely because of this) or severely disciplined seems a bit much to me. People make mistakes. If he learns from this experience and gains some maturity, and he doesn't mess up again, I'm not going to hold any sort of permanent grudge about it. It was dumb for sure, but I have seen far worse behavior.

This is why I'm advocating for stripping of his captaincy only.  You have to understand the message sent to the rest of the team in addition to the context of the individual player.  This has no monetary recourse, but illustrates the level of discipline Daboll should require of his players with regards to maintaining their physical health. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on November 07, 2022, 12:29:57 PMIf that is the case should we also agree OBJ actions before he was sent packing also wasn't a mistake and therefore he shouldn't be afforded the opportunity to return to the Giants?

What actions are you comparing to what McKinney did?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 07, 2022, 12:32:46 PMWhat actions are you comparing to what McKinney did?

Do I really have to explain?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on November 07, 2022, 12:35:12 PMDo I really have to explain?

To dig deeper I am trying to really determine what is the point of comparing the two players.  To me, they seem to be very different situations. 

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 07, 2022, 12:38:16 PMTo dig deeper I am trying to really determine what is the point of comparing the two players.  To me, they seem to be very different situations. 

Forget I brought it up. We would just go down a rabbit hole.