News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Shane!

Started by MightyGiants, November 07, 2022, 06:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Thin Blue Line

That's good news and hopefully Shane can contribute this year, but the reinforcements are needed far more for the D-Line at this point. 

Slugsy-Narrows

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/gm-report/giants-designate-shane-lemieux-for-return-from-ir

Giants Designate Offensive Lineman Shane Lemieux for Return from IR

He will be a complete wild card!

Didn't have a great rookie year

Missed all of last year

Missed 1/2 of this year!!

Can he really be of help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 08, 2022, 08:21:23 AMhttps://www.si.com/nfl/giants/gm-report/giants-designate-shane-lemieux-for-return-from-ir

Giants Designate Offensive Lineman Shane Lemieux for Return from IR

He will be a complete wild card!

Didn't have a great rookie year

Missed all of last year

Missed 1/2 of this year!!

Can he really be of help?

I'm keeping my optimism about near-term excellence from Lemieux very much in check, however our entire IOL is kind of a rag tag, motley crew smorgasbord of mediocre or worse players, some of whom are injured, so just getting another option into the mix has to be a good thing.

MightyGiants

My expectation is that Lemieux would be an upgrade to Ezeudu, but I am not 100% certain
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stringer Bell

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 08, 2022, 08:43:44 AMMy expectation is that Lemieux would be an upgrade to Ezeudu, but I am not 100% certain

Lemieux is not an NFL-level talent. If he's taking reps from other guys - whether it's in practice or in games - it's not a good thing for this franchise.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 08, 2022, 08:43:44 AMMy expectation is that Lemieux would be an upgrade to Ezeudu, but I am not 100% certain
I'd rather EZ get the reps and exp

He is a long term answer

Lemieux is a back up in my opinion

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 08, 2022, 08:50:43 AMI'd rather EZ get the reps and exp

He is a long term answer

Lemieux is a back up in my opinion

PFF has a stat:

EFF: Pass Blocking Efficiency - A PFF Signature stat measuring pressure allowed on a per-snap basis with weighting toward sacks allowed.

EZ has the lowest efficiency (91.9) among the Giants' O-line and is the 2nd worst on the team with only Barkley having a lower grade.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 08, 2022, 08:56:17 AMPFF has a stat:

EFF: Pass Blocking Efficiency - A PFF Signature stat measuring pressure allowed on a per-snap basis with weighting toward sacks allowed.

EZ has the lowest efficiency (91.9) among the Giants' O-line and is the 2nd worst on the team with only Barkley having a lower grade.
He is a rookie and needs the experience.

Neal hasn't had a great year.  So does that mean when he is back we give reps to Peart and put Neal on the bench or let him work it out?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 08, 2022, 09:01:06 AMHe is a rookie and needs the experience.

Neal hasn't had a great year.  So does that mean when he is back we give reps to Peart and put Neal on the bench or let him work it out?

Some potentially big plays have been blown up because EZ has been beaten quickly and cleanly.   I appreciate giving young players experience, but when you are competing for a playoff spot, I think you need to value production more.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 08, 2022, 09:09:39 AMSome potentially big plays have been blown up because EZ has been beaten quickly and cleanly.   While I appreciate giving young players experience, but when you are competing for a playoff spot, I think you need to value production more
And one playoff game this season is meaningless in my eyes.

Give him the experience so next year and years after we consistently are in the playoffs has more value then a lucky season where we over achieve.

Bandaids on big wounds may slow the flow but don't cure the wound.

Trench

I saw Peart get manhandled and embarrassed last year. Jury is out in him so far. If he shows huge improvement it says a lot about our coaches

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 08, 2022, 09:12:01 AMAnd one playoff game this season is meaningless in my eyes.

Give him the experience so next year and years after we consistently are in the playoffs has more value then a lucky season where we over achieve.

Bandaids on big wounds may slow the flow but don't cure the wound.

Building a winning culture is more difficult if you don't actually have wins
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 08, 2022, 09:56:06 AMBuilding a winning culture is more difficult if you don't actually have wins
It's also as difficult if you don't have a player with experience to make those wins happen. 

Need the experience and better play to make the wins happen.

We can't just be lucky forever

Philosophers

Nothing newsworthy about that.  It's not like Quentin Nelson is returning.