News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Shane!

Started by MightyGiants, November 07, 2022, 06:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 08, 2022, 09:09:39 AMSome potentially big plays have been blown up because EZ has been beaten quickly and cleanly.  I appreciate giving young players experience, but when you are competing for a playoff spot, I think you need to value production more.

I was going to say rash but then...I guess I'd better stick to Shane! Haven't been a fan; don't know if I ever will be. Certainly, if you are going to throw a PFF at Ezudu, you might want to think twice about doing so with Lemieux from 2020 season, the last time he "produced".

In any case, I will root for them both and, for Gates despite the risk at LG, as we should want whatever is best for the team.

Cheers!

ozzie

Same here. I have no ill will towards Lemeiux, but I never understood what anyone saw in him. I'm glad he's back, but not sure he is the answer at any of the OL positions. Play them all and let the best man win.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

nb587

I think the analytical numbers for an individual lineman might not be as meaningful for an OL as other team areas. I don't know the answer to this but am sure Lemioux did not have good numbers when he last played.  But, from the point that he replaced Hernandez, the OL became respectable. They had a decent running game which they had not before for awhile and not since until this year when Barkley became Barkley.  And, it wasn't just taking out Hernandez who I agree was bad.  The OL is the very definition of the sum is greater than the individual parts. For all his pass blocking deficiencies, Lemioux added something to the OL and I think even the current Giants brain trust believed that. 

beaugestus

Shane started 9 games in 2020 his rookie season and played in the 2021 opener when he got injured. He was quite noticeable when pulling and was very aggressive. His pass blocking left a lot to be desired. After 2020 He spent time with one of those OL gurus and from what I remember he seemed to improve in the preseason and the first game although it was brief. I took an interest in him and high hopes for him and said so on this site, I hope, I was right.