News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Getting well??

Started by Slugsy-Narrows, November 08, 2022, 08:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

"They were one of the most injury-ravaged teams in September and October, making their winning ways even more surprising.

The Giants on Monday designated guard Shane Lemieux to return to practice, starting the 21-day clock to either activate him or keep him on IR.

Cornerback Aaron Robinson is also eligible to come off injured reserve and he and Lemieux could eventually emerge as a starter.

Tackle Matt Peart and cornerback Rodarius Williams have returned to practice and could be back soon.

Receiver Kenny Golladay might play against the Texans and it will be interesting to see if he has anything to offer to a position group that needs an infusion of talent.

Neal, outside linebacker Oshane Ximines and rookie cornerback Cor'Dale Flott are expected to return and there is hope tight end Daniel Bellinger will be back from his eye surgery sometime this month.

A key will be how much outside linebacker Azeez Ojulari, having a lost second season, will be able to add. He is eligible to come off injured reserve to face the Cowboys on Thanksgiving."

https://nypost.com/2022/11/07/biggest-concerns-giants-must-navigate-amid-magic-season/

Minus the Xavier injury over the bye - it seems we have the wind at our back and have a NUMBER of players returning in the coming weeks!

Can we stay healthy through the Texans and Lions?

If so will we be deep enough to run through this brutal NFC gauntlet of games?

Out of those that are coming back from Injury, ARob, Bellinger, Flott, Ojulari are the only ones I see as helping us potentially (yes McKinney but I'm not counting him as he is still a month+ out)

The maybe even bigger question is who gets cut when these guys are ready to return?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

First I think we need to remember there is a limit of 8 returns from IR or NFI lists

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1589757367708798977

Second, I recall that Robinson would be lucky to return this season, so I don't think being eligible means he is ready to return.

As for staying healthy, the team couldn't even stay healthy when the players were off.  I am taking a wait-and-see approach for the rest of the season.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jgrangers2

The offensive line getting some reinforcements in the coming weeks could be big with Lemieux and Peart

Jclayton92

I think you leave one of peart or lemeuix on IR as a strategy unless you absolutely need them. I don't think either one adds anything that we don't already have assuming Brederson is in the lineup and gates is healthy.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 08, 2022, 12:53:12 PMI think you leave one of peart or lemeuix on IR as a strategy unless you absolutely need them. I don't think either one adds anything that we don't already have assuming Brederson is in the lineup and gates is healthy.
J

Peart may be the odd man out as we seem to have a back up OT that can hold his own it seems.

IOL is a hot mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk