News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Raiders release Johnathon Abram

Started by LennG, November 08, 2022, 05:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-team-cuts-former-1st-round-pick-in-surprising-move/ar-AA13T08z?ocid=anaheim-ntp-feeds&cvid=428fd98389c745e78786332a42f5a486

In a stunning turn of events, the Las Vegas Raiders have released former first-round pick Johnathan Abram. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero was first to break the news.

Over the past four years, Abram has racked up 255 total tackles, 12 pass breakups, three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.

Might be a good fit into our now weakened secondary

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Slugsy-Narrows

Prob can't afford him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uni

Let's be clear - he was cut because he was terrible, no need to kick the tires.

MightyGiants

I believe he was waived which means he is subject to waivers.  This season, the Giants are not near the top of the waiver list
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Uni

Technically, the team can't afford anyone, but Abrahm is on the fifth year option so isn't that expensive. Hopefully someone ahead of the Giants will take that temptation away.

Jclayton92

Raiders bust on more 1st rd picks than anyone.

kingm56

This isn't much of a surprise..the Raiders chose not to exercise his 5th year option; so, he was gone at the end of this season.  Given the Raiders current status, it doesn't make much send to keep him for the second half of the season.