News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants and Texans compared

Started by MightyGiants, November 10, 2022, 08:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Hopefully the Giants can exploit that 32nd ranked run defense. 

It's really amazing that a FG is what separates the 8th ranked and 19th ranked defenses in the NFL (ranked by points allowed).  It's really a razor thin margin.

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 10, 2022, 08:41:04 AMHopefully the Giants can exploit that 32nd ranked run defense. 

It's really amazing that a FG is what separates the 8th ranked and 19th ranked defenses in the NFL (ranked by points allowed).  It's really a razor thin margin.

Matt,

The Giants lost one of their defensive captains and the defensive play caller.  Bellinger is still out (which is still a big hit). 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 10, 2022, 08:41:04 AMHopefully the Giants can exploit that 32nd ranked run defense. 

There is no excuse not to. The Texans aren't just ranked last against the run they are dead last as the gap in YPG surrendered between the 31st ranked team is wide.  Barkley should run wild on them as well as Breida and Jones.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Rambo89

Even with the Texans being as bad as they are against the run I would expect them to focus on limiting Barkley and Daniel Jones in the running game similar to what Seattle did two weeks ago.  It will be up to the passing game to make some plays downfield to get them to back off which would allow the things to open up in the running game.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Rambo89 on November 10, 2022, 09:16:28 AMEven with the Texans being as bad as they are against the run I would expect them to focus on limiting Barkley and Daniel Jones in the running game similar to what Seattle did two weeks ago.  It will be up to the passing game to make some plays downfield to get them to back off which would allow the things to open up in the running game.
The mistake the Giants made against the Hawks was coming out throwing!

You don't start the game and set a tone on your worst attribute!

They new the Hawks were going all out to stop the run so they didn't try to prove them wrong!

Had we ran and gashed then a few times then it could have opened play action passes.

Instead we showed them they could stop our pass game while preventing the run.

We put smarter ourselves!

Play to your strengths and have confidence in them till you don't!

How Kafka learned something from it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AYM

Quote from: TDToomer on November 10, 2022, 09:04:29 AMThere is no excuse not to. The Texans aren't just ranked last against the run they are dead last as the gap in YPG surrendered between the 31st ranked team is wide.  Barkley should run wild on them as well as Breida and Jones.

I don't expect Barkley will do a lot in the first half. The Texans are going to put 9 men in the box and sell out to stop the run and dare our WRs (which are arguably worse than theirs) to beat them.

Without McKinney I don't know if our defense works.