News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is Stafford done with football?

Started by LennG, November 10, 2022, 03:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Read an article today that states Matt Stafford is now in concussion protocol.  What I didn't know is that his wife is being treated for a brain tumor and she is scared to death of Matt and concussions, seeing what happened to Tua recently.
What does Stafford have to prove anymore? he has his SB ring, probably more money than he will ever need and a loving wife, who might want him to rethink playing anymore. Stafford might look at the Brady family to see what putting football over family might cost.

Anyway, I wish Stafford's wife well with her battle with the brain tumor.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-thinking-of-matthew-stafford-s-wife-today/ar-AA13Wfa8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=67a97e68dda94f4aaa18832466cefc84
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I knew about his wife, but I thought she was past all that and was clear released from any kind of care a couple of years ago. After what she (and the family) have been thru though, I don't blame her one bit.
If he does retire, then I wish him all the best. Like you said, he's got nothing else to prove, get out while you still have your health and all your faculties.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on November 10, 2022, 04:40:50 PMI knew about his wife, but I thought she was past all that and was clear released from any kind of care a couple of years ago. After what she (and the family) have been thru though, I don't blame her one bit.
If he does retire, then I wish him all the best. Like you said, he's got nothing else to prove, get out while you still have your health and all your faculties.

We see it that way Lou, too bad many [players do not, and they suffer alter on.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

I haven't seen or heard anything about him pondering retirement. He's 34, so it's not like he's ancient. It's always possible but I suspect he'll stick with his craft for a few more years. That whole team is playing poorly this year so it's not like it's all on him.

Painter

I share Lenn's sentiments in the matter which is not to suggest that we aren't realists. I think he is addressing the difference between what is real and what otherwise may be rational in more than just this one situation.