News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants PS signing

Started by MightyGiants, November 10, 2022, 03:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://twitter.com/Dan_Salomone/status/1590806721651707904

DOB (Age):   8/18/1997 (25)
HT/WT:   5' 11" / 202 lbs.
College:   Utah
Drafted:   2020 / Rd. 3 (104) / LAR

his PFF grades were mediocre

TERRELL BURGESS
S, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
burgess
Rams waived S Terrell Burgess.
Burgess started in Week 5 in an injury crunch but was well down the Los Angeles depth chart at safety and ultimately had played just 82 defensive snaps for the team this season. Burgess has only 274 defensive snaps to his name in three seasons. The youngster might draw some waiver interest on account of his solid tackling -- his 68.3 PFF tackle grade this season is still fairly decent and is the lowest of his career to date.

Nov 8, 2022, 3:23 PM ET

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/60080/terrell-burgess
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

nb587

Burgess is good.  Surprised that the Rams waived him and that he made it through to the Giants.  There must be an explanation.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nb587 on November 10, 2022, 04:53:22 PMBurgess is good.  Surprised that the Rams waived him and that he made it through to the Giants.  There must be an explanation.

Not that this single-handedly defines a player by any means, but his PFF grades are mid 50s both this year and last year. I vaguely remember him from the draft a couple years ago but I'd be fibbing if I said I remembered much about him.

I can't say I'm unhappy about picking up a 23 year old who was a third round pick in the draft a couple years ago and was on a team where he might have struggled to get real playing time.

nb587

I thought the Rams loss to the Bucs last week with that final drive was so bad that the DC, whoever he was, was lucky he wasn't fired. It occurred to me that maybe Burgess was on the field and was part of the reason the Bucs were able to  March down the field with little time and no timeouts.  But, that's just conjecture on my part.

Ed Vette

Quote from: nb587 on November 10, 2022, 04:53:22 PMBurgess is good.  Surprised that the Rams waived him and that he made it through to the Giants.  There must be an explanation.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Wink and Dabs have been making chicken salad out of chicken sh*t all year!  A few of our DBs were all laughed about when signed and said they were 2nd rate and look how they are playing!

Let's see how he fits in and works out.  Maybe JS got a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jclayton92

So he's a box safety. I think love rolls our to Mckinneys spot and Belton takes loves spot. Then Pinnock as the 3rd.

Espns depth has Belton in Mckinney spot a free but Belton hasn't played free all year while live took snaps there in the preseason. It'll be fun seeing what they come up with and getting younger guys playing time.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 11, 2022, 12:26:09 PMSo he's a box safety. I think love rolls our to Mckinneys spot and Belton takes loves spot. Then Pinnock as the 3rd.

Espns depth has Belton in Mckinney spot a free but Belton hasn't played free all year while live took snaps there in the preseason. It'll be fun seeing what they come up with and getting younger guys playing time.

I read somewhere that Wink was quoted that Belton would replace McKinney. Thinking about it, there's less responsibility in Center Field. He's been assigned there after he came back from the collarbone. He's taller and faster than Love but Love is more agile.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

todge

This is a depth signing. Highly unlikely he gets playing time unless there is an injury. Once McKinney returns, he'll likely be cut.

Schoen prepares this team well in the event of injuries.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: todge on November 11, 2022, 01:03:42 PMThis is a depth signing. Highly unlikely he gets playing time unless there is an injury. Once McKinney returns, he'll likely be cut.

Schoen prepares this team well in the event of injuries.

Sounds familiar   

Where did I hear this kind of quote before???

Oh yea about LC!

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 11, 2022, 12:45:43 PMI read somewhere that Wink was quoted that Belton would replace McKinney. Thinking about it, there's less responsibility in Center Field. He's been assigned there after he came back from the collarbone. He's taller and faster than Love but Love is more agile.
Mckinney did a ton of spying for us. I like the Burgess kid because of his tackling as the Texans RB is really good.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on November 11, 2022, 03:10:59 PMMckinney did a ton of spying for us. I like the Burgess kid because of his tackling as the Texans RB is really good.
He did spy for two games. Not needed for this game. Hopefully he's back by December 11th.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 11, 2022, 01:36:43 PMSounds familiar   

Oh yea about LC!

I wouldn't be mocking Todge just yet. He got 32% of the snaps week 7 and 11% week 8. He's not going in the right direction.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 11, 2022, 03:52:30 PMI wouldn't be mocking Todge just yet. He got 32% of the snaps week 7 and 11% week 8. He's not going in the right direction.
Todge said odds where he wouldn't see the field and he was nothing but depth.

He has seen the field.

Now is he good enough to continue to do so.

That is another subject.  You gotta earn your reps.

todge

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on November 11, 2022, 01:36:43 PMSounds familiar   

Oh yea about LC!

LC was brought up when injuries hit. Which is what I stated would happen. He wasn't promoted because he's better than the other players on the depth chart.