News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Justin Herbert- proof that just adding an elite QB will turn around a franchise

Started by MightyGiants, November 18, 2023, 10:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

No QB would do well under DeVito's 9 sack assault.  We might as well draft a kicker to play QB.

Uni

Quote from: Philosophers on November 19, 2023, 03:22:01 PMNo QB would do well under DeVito's 9 sack assault.  We might as well draft a kicker to play QB.
You mean no QB other than Tommy DeVito?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Philosophers on November 19, 2023, 03:22:01 PMNo QB would do well under DeVito's 9 sack assault.  We might as well draft a kicker to play QB.

How long has it been since Daniel Jones threw for 3 TDs in a game? He hasn't done it in the last 4 years.

The QB isn't as helpless as you pretend in order to justify the Daniel Jones experiment.

Woody

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on November 18, 2023, 05:04:21 PMHaskins is no where in the class of anyone at the top of this QB group. Please be serious.
But he was the year he was drafted.     That is the point

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dgoodmantrublu

Most of the sacks were on DeVito. He got sacked on a quick screen he decided not to throw. I've never seen that in the NFL

Woody

I was not disrespectful of Haskins I was just making point that he was suppose to be one of the better Qb' s that year and he did not pan out as a player....you guys need to get a life

Dgoodmantrublu

He was never graded as a top prospect. Just one of the top guys in a very weak class. There are 6 guys in this class who are better prospects than he was. The comparison holds no water.

Quote from: Woody on November 19, 2023, 04:29:25 PMI was not disrespectful of Haskins I was just making point that he was suppose to be one of the better Qb' s that year and he did not pan out as a player....you guys need to get a life

Philosophers

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on November 19, 2023, 04:25:16 PMHow long has it been since Daniel Jones threw for 3 TDs in a game? He hasn't done it in the last 4 years.

The QB isn't as helpless as you pretend in order to justify the Daniel Jones experiment.

Ok you realize that your sample size to make your point was 1 game right?  If we looked back for all the 9 sack games a QB experienced, I'd wager confidently the QB lost 90%+ of them.  What DeVito did was great but that will not happen again IMHO.

I do agree QBs can be a reason for sacks.  I used to say Eli was responsible for a lot of his sacks because his drop back was sooooo slow.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Philosophers on November 19, 2023, 04:51:56 PMOk you realize that your sample size to make your point was 1 game right?

That's one game Daniel Jones hasn't produced in the last 4 years. The point is an undrafted rookie walked in the door and is immediately more productive than Daniel Jones with 6 TD passes in his 3 starts. That doesn't mean DeVito is the answer. It's just further confirmation that Daniel Jones is an enormous part of the problem for the Giants.

Again, the QB can make plays regardless of his circumstances. It won't happen consistently if the team isn't good enough. But if DeVito can throw for 6 TDs in 3 games, then no reasonable person should continue making excuses for Daniel Jones.

MagicRat

It's hard to say how many of the sacks were on Tommy without seeing coach's film.
But to my eye at least two were.
The one mentioned when the line released on the right for a screen on the left and one where Barklay had a step on an outside go route.
Both of those were designed and he seemed to freeze in the pocket.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Philosophers

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on November 19, 2023, 05:13:27 PMThat's one game Daniel Jones hasn't produced in the last 4 years. The point is an undrafted rookie walked in the door and is immediately more productive than Daniel Jones with 6 TD passes in his 3 starts. That doesn't mean DeVito is the answer. It's just further confirmation that Daniel Jones is an enormous part of the problem for the Giants.

Again, the QB can make plays regardless of his circumstances. It won't happen consistently if the team isn't good enough. But if DeVito can throw for 6 TDs in 3 games, then no reasonable person should continue making excuses for Daniel Jones.

We agree that DJ is not the answer.