News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Second DC interview

Started by MightyGiants, January 12, 2024, 03:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on January 14, 2024, 10:11:40 AMDabs seems to prefer coaches he knows from working together.  I hope he casts a wide net and remains open minded.

Dabs hadn't worked together with either WInk or Kafka.  Daboll was even praised for his more open approach in terms of building his coaching roster.  However, now, people are pointing to that same process as a contribution to the coaching friction as they didn't have previous relationships and the ability to handle adversity together.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on January 14, 2024, 09:56:41 AMWho said Jones is returning, there are a lot of assumptions in that statement.

There are $67 million reasons why Jones is returning.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

Quote from: BluesCruz on January 14, 2024, 07:49:00 AMI think you have to throw out the 1st half of last year as there was no complimentary football

Our offense was offensive and the D was on the field all game, Jamie was punting his leg off.  The modern NFL rules make such game practically indefensible, with the tired D on the field all day long

When Jones returns we will see a resumption of this disasterous phenomena

I see choppy waters ahead.   Another 6 win season and Schoen and Daboll may be walking the plank.  Mike Vrabel will be coaching elsewhere.  Perhaps the Commanders.

Given that senario, will Mara again turn to the Belichick tree?  Sorry for the pessimistic outlook but that's what I see likely happening.  The Giants are nothing if not stubborn.

One of the reasons u have to throw out the 1st half of the season is because Dan's runs a spa camp. The team is not ready on week one and they CERTAINLY are not in football game shape - hence the soft tissue injuries.

I hope he changes his philosophy on camp. Let me hit each other and go in pads more

Jclayton92

Quote from: TDToomer on January 14, 2024, 12:31:49 PMThere are $67 million reasons why Jones is returning.
Quote from: TDToomer on January 14, 2024, 12:31:49 PMThere are $67 million reasons why Jones is returning.
I'm very aware of that as we've all been saying hes going to be on the team but if you read his post, he thinks Jones is starting which is why I asked him why he thinks Jones is automatically returning to start next season when Schoen and Daboll have said they were going to address the QB position in FA/Draft.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on January 14, 2024, 12:41:03 PMOne of the reasons u have to throw out the 1st half of the season is because Dan's runs a spa camp. The team is not ready on week one and they CERTAINLY are not in football game shape - hence the soft tissue injuries.

I hope he changes his philosophy on camp. Let me hit each other and go in pads more

Strange though that Daboll's first season was kind of the opposite. Team started out 6-1 and then went 3-6-1 after that. You'd think if he ran spa camp they would have been at their best later, not earlier.

GloryDays

Why is everything upside down with this team?
Our weakest position is where we spent a 7th pick in the first round!
They give up leads at the very end of games, some miraculously (jets)
The defense was our strength, the offense our downfall. We lose our defense coach but our offensive coordinator and playcaller is staying!!!!

TDToomer

Quote from: GloryDays on January 14, 2024, 02:07:41 PMWhy is everything upside down with this team?
Our weakest position is where we spent a 7th pick in the first round!
They give up leads at the very end of games, some miraculously (jets)
The defense was our strength, the offense our downfall. We lose our defense coach but our offensive coordinator and playcaller is staying!!!!

The Offense finished 29th
The Defense finished 27th
It's just not accurate to call either side a "strength".
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

AZGiantFan

Quote from: TDToomer on January 14, 2024, 03:38:26 PMThe Offense finished 29th
The Defense finished 27th
It's just not accurate to call either side a "strength".

Well, you see, the offense caused the defense to give up 4.7 YPC on the ground, 31st in the league.  And the defense's inability to stop time consuming running plays had nothing to do with the Giants being slightly below par on TOP, don't cha know.   /sarcasm/
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 14, 2024, 01:05:25 PMStrange though that Daboll's first season was kind of the opposite. Team started out 6-1 and then went 3-6-1 after that. You'd think if he ran spa camp they would have been at their best later, not earlier.

To be honest some of our wins let season early on were pretty lucky and we got the benefit of calls.

I will say however the game where he went for 2 at the end to win it (maybe game one or 2??) was my favorite part of the season. Dabol did not coach the same way early this season. I am still scratching my head asking where did that gutsy fella go?

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on January 14, 2024, 07:08:27 PMTo be honest some of our wins let season early on were pretty lucky and we got the benefit of calls.

I will say however the game where he went for 2 at the end to win it (maybe game one or 2??) was my favorite part of the season. Dabol did not coach the same way early this season. I am still scratching my head asking where did that gutsy fella go?

Hard to be gutsy when you'r getting blown out in most of you losses.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Quote from: AZGiantFan on January 15, 2024, 12:40:06 AMHard to be gutsy when you'r getting blown out in most of you losses.

I was referring to some decisions he made this year early in games when the game was close but played it way too safe. Last year he coached more like the Lions coach Dan Campbell does.