News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

League is definitely higher on McCarthy compared to fans and media

Started by shadowspinner0, February 08, 2024, 04:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspinner0

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1755604632951574767?t=Q6mWmp3eSZGJBIB5ceTvOA

People have said fans and media tend to look at stats, production and success while NFL looks at traits and what they feel translates to the NFL.

Philosophers

Quote from: shadowspinner0 on February 08, 2024, 04:21:58 PMhttps://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1755604632951574767?t=Q6mWmp3eSZGJBIB5ceTvOA

People have said fans and media tend to look at stats, production and success while NFL looks at traits and what they feel translates to the NFL.

This disconnect has been obvious to me regarding JJ.  Seen it with others as well.

DaveBrown74

I don't get what people want though. Are you guys saying you want McCarthy drafted sixth overall? If that's the view I wish people would come out and say it.

Bob In PA

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 08, 2024, 11:00:08 PMI don't get what people want though. Are you guys saying you want McCarthy drafted sixth overall? If that's the view I wish people would come out and say it.

DB: IMO only one QB (or none) drafted high (picks 1 through 8) in the 1st rd will be worth the price paid.

One more 1st could turn out to be worth it if he goes to an already good squad or a patient organization that allows 1 1/2 to 2 yrs to get his act together.

The rest will be busts, or go to bad offenses, or be forced onto the field before they're truly ready.

Bob

PS. Almost forgot to answer your question... I want McCarthy if the coach wants him.

PPS. Heck, I'd welcome CHARLIE McCarthy if the coaches want him (this reference is for our "fossil" members and visitors lol). I'm just plain sick and tired of watching inept offense.

PPPS. Nothing here should be construed as abandoning my position that our current QB's would be just fine with a true "bell-cow" elite WR.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 08, 2024, 11:00:08 PMI don't get what people want though. Are you guys saying you want McCarthy drafted sixth overall? If that's the view I wish people would come out and say it.

This is why it's not a good idea to start a second thread on the same topic.

The original thread has this:

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php?msg=939971
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 09, 2024, 09:40:18 AMThis is why it's not a good idea to start a second thread on the same topic.

The original thread has this:

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php?msg=939971

You act like it never happens on this forum. How many topics on the senior bowl were there all over the first page at the same time? A topic for each day practice!
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on February 09, 2024, 09:53:19 AMYou act like it never happens on this forum. How many topics on the senior bowl were there all over the first page at the same time? A topic for each day practice!

So you are all in favor of EXACT duplicate topics because the senior bowl practice discussion was broken out by practice day (like every football publication did it)  :what:  :surrender:   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 09, 2024, 10:19:09 AMSo you are all in favor of EXACT duplicate topics because the senior bowl practice discussion was broken out by practice day (like every football publication did it)  :what:  :surrender:   

Wow don't know how you came to that conclusion. I've been very clear that I am against all the duplicate and multiple threads and feel they could all be consolidated into threads that are continuous. That's actually how it goes on the other sports forums I frequent.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs