News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Justin Fields to the steelers

Started by brownelvis54, March 16, 2024, 07:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

31 teams didn't want to give a 6th for Fields.

T200

We could have had him for that.  :doh:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Philosophers

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 16, 2024, 07:54:54 PMWe are 100% trading the FARM to take Maye at 3

No we're not.  His mechanics are inconsistent.  He misses wide open receivers.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Philosophers on March 16, 2024, 08:23:27 PMNo we're not.  His mechanics are inconsistent.  He misses wide open receivers.

Are you a JJ McCarthy truther? Asking for a friend.

or what is your angle.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on March 16, 2024, 08:23:27 PMNo we're not.  His mechanics are inconsistent.  He misses wide open receivers.
I agree, Drake Maye is Sam Howell 2.0. His inconsistent games vs weak opponents among numerous things I dislike about him as a prospect. He's my Qb4.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 16, 2024, 08:51:23 PMI agree, Drake Maye is Sam Howell 2.0. His inconsistent games vs weak opponents among numerous things I dislike about him as a prospect. He's my Qb4.

Yeah he not the QB folks think he will be.  Sam Howell os a good comparison.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 16, 2024, 07:10:41 PMjust another example of trash Schoen being an awful GM. a 6th rounder?!?! Next year?!?! They might not even be around next year!!

This guy is worse than Gettleman. So similar to how poorly the Jets mismanaged the Zach Rodgers situation last year.

Yet another case for them 100% going QB in the draft. #DontDraftJJTheDunce

I'm not sure how the logic of 'Schoen is a piece of trash GM', and advocating the Giants mortgage the next 2 or 3 years of the future on Schoen's judgement in making a trade up and then selecting the right QB fits together.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

Quote from: AZGiantFan on March 16, 2024, 10:14:45 PMI'm not sure how the logic of 'Schoen is a piece of trash GM', and advocating the Giants mortgage the next 2 or 3 years of the future on Schoen's judgement in making a trade up and then selecting the right QB fits together.

It doesn't. 

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: AZGiantFan on March 16, 2024, 10:14:45 PMI'm not sure how the logic of 'Schoen is a piece of trash GM', and advocating the Giants mortgage the next 2 or 3 years of the future on Schoen's judgement in making a trade up and then selecting the right QB fits together.
both things can be true

1. Schoen is a trash GM when we had the chance to trade a 6th round pick next year for Fields

2. by not making the trade, it makes it even more likely we are going QB

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 16, 2024, 08:51:23 PMI agree, Drake Maye is Sam Howell 2.0. His inconsistent games vs weak opponents among numerous things I dislike about him as a prospect. He's my Qb4.

coming from the JJ MCarthy #1 supporter that's no surprise. Drake Maye is infinitely more talented than JJ who is a 2nd rounder talent at best.

Drake Maye enthusiast.

MightyGiants

What I find amazing was it was only a month or so ago that I was debating with fans that insisted the Bears drafting a QB was far from a done deal
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 17, 2024, 12:19:43 AMcoming from the JJ MCarthy #1 supporter that's no surprise. Drake Maye is infinitely more talented than JJ who is a 2nd rounder talent at best.
JJ isn't my #1 or even #2 Qb so I'm not sure where that comes from. JJ Mccarthy won a national championship last year while Maye was losing to cupcake schools like Virginia, Georgia tech, and NC State.

MightyGiants

The other thing that surprised me was that the Jets didn't grab fields in light of Rodgers toying with becoming a VP candidate.

I was at a party when this trade was announced.  There was a young guy I enjoyed talking football with.  Prior to the trade, I told him that the Bears would be lucky to get a day 3 pick for him (he was thinking of a 1st rounder).  I certainly looked like I knew what I was talking about when the trade was announced
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 17, 2024, 08:28:25 AMWhat I find amazing was it was only a month or so ago that I was debating with fans that insisted the Bears drafting a QB was far from a done deal
But who will that QB be?. The agentless, arrogant, cry baby Williams?  :doh:

DaveBrown74

This Bears GM seems really bad to me. I mean I'm not a big Fields guy, but that's an absolutely horrible return for a guy who is still on a rookie contract. What was the rush? If the market wasn't really there for him right now, why not wait? QBs get hurt in training camp and the preseason virtually every year. The market on Fields could look totally different 4-5 months from now.

Also this isn't the first dumb thing this guy has done. The price he paid in the Claypool trade was mind-numbing.