News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Top 30 Visit update

Started by MightyGiants, April 12, 2024, 01:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Giants will host Colorado State CB Chigozie Anusiem on a pre-draft "30" visit this week, per source. Anusiem is a late-round prospect reminiscent of Tre Hawkins, who the Giants took in the sixth round last year after a pre-draft visit.

Anusiem wasn't invited to the combine, but has been drawing interest since running a 4.39 40 at Colorado State's pro day at 6-1, 200 pounds. The Giants will be Anusiem's seventh pre-draft visit. The deadline for visits is Wednesday.

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1779861267034833131
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

Per Raanan:

Arizona OT Jordan Morgan is visiting the #Giants on Tuesday, per source. Also visited with the #Jets and the #Commanders on deck.

Morgan is a potential late first-round prospect. Would likely involve the Giants moving around to land him. They currently pick sixth and 47th.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

coggs

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 14, 2024, 09:10:04 AMI would love to see the Giants draft CB Melton.  I heard him on NFL radio; he is well-spoken
Are they starting a debate team?

Philosophers

Quote from: londonblue on April 15, 2024, 10:34:03 AMPer Raanan:

Arizona OT Jordan Morgan is visiting the #Giants on Tuesday, per source. Also visited with the #Jets and the #Commanders on deck.

Morgan is a potential late first-round prospect. Would likely involve the Giants moving around to land him. They currently pick sixth and 47th.

I love Morgan.  Moves like a TE.  Ki ks out quickly.  Opposite of Neal. They won't trade for him but if he is there at 47 he may be a target.

MightyGiants

Quote from: coggs on April 15, 2024, 11:19:58 AMAre they starting a debate team?

Are you assuming I haven't heard any scouting reports?  Here is a report from Greg Cosell, one of my favorites

NFL TRANSITION
Melton has extensive experience playing outside and the slot, and that positively impacts his projection and transition to the next level, with outside-inside versatility a desired trait. Melton showed quick, sudden feet and movement and loose fluid hips, allowing for easy transitions and direction changes.

What consistently stood out was his aggressiveness and competitiveness in playing mirror match and physical press man coverage, in addition to his willingness to play the run with physicality.

Two areas of concern with Melton in press coverage are his tendency to lose contact with the receiver at the top of the route and an inability to stop when matching vertical releases, resulting in overrunning break points on intermediate routes.

Even though Melton has the athletic traits with his quick feet and significant snaps through his tape of playing press man effectively, some might see him better transitioning to the next level as more of a predominant off-coverage corner with his excellent plant-and-drive ability.

The bottom line with Melton is that he is a higher-level traits prospect who can play press man and off-coverage. Even though he is not quite as big as you'd like, he can play on the outside. Still, he also has extensive experience playing in the slot, and it would not surprise me if teams project him there more.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/max-melton-2024-nfl-draft-combine-results-scouting-report-for-rutgers-cb/

Melton would be a great pick in round 2 and would solidify a secondary in need of some help

MAX MELTON'S 2024 NFL COMBINE RESULTS
Height: 5-foot-11
Weight: 187
40-yard dash:4.39
10-yard split: 1.51
20-yard shuttle: 4.29 (pro day)
Vertical jump: 40.5"
Broad jump: 11-foot-4
Arm length: 32"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

The latest 30 visit is Virginia Tech DE/DT Pheldarius Payne per Ryan Fowler and others. A later day 3 option for 3T compared to R1 Johnny Newton who has also been reported.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

1 Drake Maye, QB North Carolina
2 J.J. McCarthy, QB Michigan
3 Michael Penix, Jr., QB Washington
4 Jayden Daniels, QB LSU
5 Bo Nix, QB Oregon
6.Spencer Rattler, QB SouthCarolina

7 Marvin Harrison Jr., WR Ohio St
8 Malik Nabers, WR LSU
9 Rome Odunze, WR Washington

10 Trey Benson, RB Florida St

11 Ben Sinnott, TE Kansas St
12 Theo Johnson, TE Penn St

13 Joe Alt, OT Notre Dame
14 Giovanni Manu, OT Univ of British Columbia
15 Cooper Beebe, OG Kansas St
16 Jordan Morgan, OL Arizona

17 Adisa Isaac, Edge Penn State
18 Dallas Turner, Edge Alabama
19 Chop Robinson, Edge Penn State

20 Kristian Boyd, DT Northern Iowa
21 Maason Smith, DT LSU
22 Jer'Zhan (Johnny) Newton, DT Illinois
23 Pheldarius Payne, DT Virginia Tech

24 Tyrice Knight, LB UTEP

25 Chau Smith-Wade, CB Washington St
26 Max Melton, CB Rutgers
27 Andru Phillips, CB Kentucky
28 Evan Williams, DB Oregon
29 Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB Alabama
30 Chigozie Anusiem, CB Colorado St
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

Mighty, I believe the Rutgers and Penn St guys were local visit day with the possible exception of Isaac who I think came in separately. Hicks should be on there as a 30. As always we will never know exactly but you are doing a great job trying to track it so thank you!

Philosophers

I find it interesting that neither Kris Jenkins from Michigan or Michael Hall from Ohio St (both 3 tech DTs) were not invited for a visit.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 17, 2024, 11:41:38 AMNote: To save typing, I labeled hi 1st round players AND mid 1st round players "1st"

1 Drake Maye, QB North Carolina --- 1st
2 J.J. McCarthy, QB Michigan --- lo 1st to hi 2nd
3 Michael Penix, Jr., QB Washington --- lo 2nd to hi 3rd 
4 Jayden Daniels, QB LSU --- 1st   
5 Bo Nix, QB Oregon --- mid 2nd to hi 3rd
6.Spencer Rattler, QB SouthCarolina --- mid 3rd

7 Marvin Harrison Jr., WR Ohio St --- 1st
8 Malik Nabers, WR LSU --- 1st
9 Rome Odunze, WR Washington --- 1st

10 Trey Benson, RB Florida St --- mid 3rd

11 Ben Sinnott, TE Kansas St --- mid 4th
12 Theo Johnson, TE Penn St --- mid 3rd

13 Joe Alt, OT Notre Dame --- 1st
14 Giovanni Manu, OT Univ of British Columbia --- (not on Brugler's big board)
15 Cooper Beebe, OG Kansas St --- mid 2nd
16 Jordan Morgan, OL Arizona --- lo 1st to hi 2nd

17 Adisa Isaac, Edge Penn State --- lo 2nd to hi 3rd
18 Dallas Turner, Edge Alabama --- 1st
19 Chop Robinson, Edge Penn State --- lo 1st to hi 2nd

20 Kristian Boyd, DT Northern Iowa --- mid 6th
21 Maason Smith, DT LSU --- lo 2nd to hi 3rd
22 Jer'Zhan (Johnny) Newton, DT Illinois --- lo 1st to hi 2nd
23 Pheldarius Payne, DT Virginia Tech --- (not on Brugler's big board)

24 Tyrice Knight, LB UTEP --- lo 5th to hi 6th

25 Chau Smith-Wade, CB Washington St --- mid 6th
26 Max Melton, CB Rutgers --- lo 2nd to hi 3rd
27 Andru Phillips, CB Kentucky --- lo 2nd to hi 3rd
28 Evan Williams, DB Oregon --- lo 5th to hi 6th
29 Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB Alabama --- lo 1st to hi 2nd
30 Chigozie Anusiem, CB Colorado St --- mid to lo 7th

Above, I've (hopefully) added value to the list by showing the round in which Brugler wouldn't be surprised to see each guy being selected.

This combo chart is a very good guide to, or indicator of, which positions Giants will look at in various rounds.,

It also (obviously) shows where in the draft they intend to emphasize defense (same for offense).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 17, 2024, 01:25:41 PMAbove, I've (hopefully) added value to the list by showing the round in which Brugler has each guy going.

This combo chart is a very good guide to, or indicator of, which positions Giants will look at in various rounds.,

It also (obviously) shows where in the draft they intend to emphasize defense (same for offense).

Bob

I really appreciate the idea and effort, Bob.  You added real value.

One small correction: those rounds are Brugler's player grade, not where he thinks they will be drafted.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 17, 2024, 03:07:57 PMI really appreciate the idea and effort, Bob.  You added real value.

One small correction: those rounds are Brugler's player grade, not where he thinks they will be drafted.
Rich: I understand what you mean but I follow him player-by-player, all the way through each round every year and he has an incredible accuracy rate. Absent a crazy "run" on a particular position (which no one can forecast) he is as dead-on as humanly possible, IMO, so I just treat his chart as though he's making predictions, and any pick at a level lower than he has them listed as a steal. Bob

PS. I made a slight adjustment to one of the sentences in my post to make it "lean" in a direction more reflective of what you're talking about.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!