News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants were the only team not to draft any OL or DL

Started by MightyGiants, April 29, 2024, 02:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Not surprised by no OL in the draft given the amount of past draft capital and current FA signings.

I was somewhat surprised by no DT being taken.  Just assume that the guys they liked were picked prior to the rounds they had them slotted.  Curious what some of the DTs outside of Lawrence will look like in a 1-gap system. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 29, 2024, 03:02:27 PMNot surprised by no OL in the draft given the amount of past draft capital and current FA signings.

I was somewhat surprised by no DT being taken.  Just assume that the guys they liked were picked prior to the rounds they had them slotted.  Curious what some of the DTs outside of Lawrence will look like in a 1-gap system. 

Matt,

I don't believe Wink played a two-gap system
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 29, 2024, 03:04:28 PMMatt,

I don't believe Wink played a two-gap system

I thought that's what Daboll was referring to with his comment about Wink's "read and react defense" compared to the more aggressive style of Bowen. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 29, 2024, 03:06:57 PMI thought that's what Daboll was referring to with his comment about Wink's "read and react defense" compared to the more aggressive style of Bowen. 

People have differing views of Wink's defense's efficacy, but I have not seen anyone suggest Wink was a DC who favored read and react.   I don't use the term myself, but it's my understanding that read and react was usually referring to defenses that play a lot of zone and off-man coverage.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE