News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mojo's Corner - 2023 Camp Reports

Started by babywhales, July 26, 2023, 10:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSUBeirut

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 26, 2023, 06:03:47 PMHe doesn't  glad you see that now.

Hey, it looks like Saquon's going to work his ass off to prove that notion wrong this year.  As Giants fans, this SHOULD make you happy.   :yes:  Makes me thrilled to see our best player back in the fold and ready to rock and roll.   :ok:

Jclayton92

Quote from: PSUBeirut on July 26, 2023, 07:28:10 PMHey, it looks like Saquon's going to work his ass off to prove that notion wrong this year.  As Giants fans, this SHOULD make you happy.   :yes:  Makes me thrilled to see our best player back in the fold and ready to rock and roll.   :ok:
Him not being over paid, and coming in just like the other 89 other players does make me happy. I'd be even happier if like you said he comes In and proves all the analytics and stats wrong and improved in certain areas. I'd honestly just be thrilled if he could improve his missed tackle rate up a percent and his yards after contact a few yards.

miss86

I hope they are not considering using A. Jackson to return punts this season. It didn't work out so well last year.

Philosophers

Quote from: Stringer Bell on July 26, 2023, 07:03:11 PMOverpaying someone when absolutely no one else in the league is doing the same is straight out of the Gettleman playbook.

Thank goodness we have a competent GM now. Signed his man at a team-friendly rate and keeps ultimate flexibility for future years. Kudos Schoen!

Exactly how much overpaying do you think a 1,300 yard rushing RB is getting?

Do you think other newly signed contracts are exactly market value?

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Philosophers on July 26, 2023, 08:38:45 PMExactly how much overpaying do you think a 1,300 yard rushing RB is getting?

Do you think other newly signed contracts are exactly market value?

Overpaying would have been bending over to Saquon's demands for Kamara money over multiple years. Schoen didn't do that, saved the team money, kept flexibility in the years ahead, and he still has his man in camp on Day 1. He could not have handled the situation any better.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

MightyGiants and Ed Vette's day one Camp Reports.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

BBH Day Two Camp Reports by MightyGiants and Ed Vette.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

BBH Camp Reports Day 3 by MightyGiants and Ed Vette.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

MightyGiants and Ed Vette's Day 5 Camp Reports
~ Coach Tom Coughlin