News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

JJ McCarthy (could he be the Giants target in round one)?

Started by MightyGiants, February 02, 2024, 10:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on March 28, 2024, 07:55:44 PMRodman did that after he became famous and established his high level of professional play not before he is trying to get to his first contract.

That's my concern for him.  Judgment.  Now he needs to be not drawing attention to himself this way.

That's a fair point about Rodman. He wasn't really "weird" on the Pistons. You're right. I think you make a valid point.

JPPT1974

Well as it would be surprising. Then it would not be surprising. As JJ is a future NFL star regardless of NFL team. But hope he can really be in the league for the long haul. Question is if he will land with the Giants or where?! But he has a promising future.
Easter 2024!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JPPT1974 on March 28, 2024, 08:29:25 PMWell as it would be surprising. Then it would not be surprising. As JJ is a future NFL star regardless of NFL team. But hope he can really be in the league for the long haul. Question is if he will land with the Giants or where?! But he has a promising future.

Welcome to the board.

MightyGiants

Quote from: JPPT1974 on March 28, 2024, 08:29:25 PMWell as it would be surprising. Then it would not be surprising. As JJ is a future NFL star regardless of NFL team. But hope he can really be in the league for the long haul. Question is if he will land with the Giants or where?! But he has a promising future.

Welcome  :greetings:

I think you may be right about JJ
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 28, 2024, 08:14:23 PMThat's a fair point about Rodman. He wasn't really "weird" on the Pistons. You're right. I think you make a valid point.

Yeah he was a regular player on the Pistons but went off the reservation later in his career with the Bulls.

uconnjack8

I think Rodman was always that guy, just didn't display is publicly.   To my knowledge William's hasnt painted his nails pink for a game.  He just lives in a social media era. 

DaveBrown74

It's very obvious many here significantly Williams or are down on him as a prospect. That is fine, but it's kind of irrelevant. There is zero chance he will be a Giant in 2024.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 30, 2024, 07:33:22 AMIt's very obvious many here significantly Williams or are down on him as a prospect. That is fine, but it's kind of irrelevant. There is zero chance he will be a Giant in 2024.

Williams is still the blue chipper in this class. I think he's still in his own tier.

Painter

Could, is purely conditional which by itself is of little value. Would, is the more positive situationally whereas Should, is at the center of thus far 34 pages of rationalizing, opining and promoting. Some fun, huh?

It can be, I s'pose as long as we don't assume that past is prolog, or that the Draft is less than a- what's the word?- a stochastic process.

Cheers!

DaveBrown74

WalterFootball's Charlie Campbell's take on McCarthy written on March 26th:

3/26/24: In 2023, McCarthy completed 72 percent of his passes for 2,991 yards, 22 touchdowns and four interceptions. He notched three rushing touchdowns as well. Pro team sources have said McCarthy has a strong arm, throws well outside the numbers, and is a good athlete. However, they question his vision, as well as his passing instincts. McCarthy can be late throwing down the middle and misses vertically. Those sources shared they feel McCarthy's decision-making can be careless and reckless. Some sources have compared McCarthy to Daniels Jones, while others have put forth Will Levis instead.

Ed Vette

We'll see how good he actually becomes. Everyone here such firm views on all these prospects like they already know the outcome. It makes me chuckle how certain everyone seems. The reality is there is a huge range of possibilities with all these players, and nobody remotely knows where any of them will land, including people employed in the league who are more qualified than any of us to make these judgments.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 30, 2024, 04:03:32 PMWe'll see how good he actually becomes. Everyone here such firm views on all these prospects like they already know the outcome. It makes me chuckle how certain everyone seems. The reality is there is a huge range of possibilities with all these players, and nobody remotely knows where any of them will land, including people employed in the league who are more qualified than any of us to make these judgments

I think in our collective heart of hearts we know you're right. But what better place than an anonymous message board as a platform to demonstrate that you are the smartest person in the room?  And if our posts elicit a laugh or two, all the better  ;)
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on March 30, 2024, 04:20:24 PMI think in our collective heart of hearts we know you're right. But what better place than an anonymous message board as a platform to demonstrate that you are the smartest person in the room?  And if our posts elicit a laugh or two, all the better  ;)

Actually not my words. A quoteless copy that went under the radar by the author. Although applied to 34 pages of hype... yada, yada, yada.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 30, 2024, 06:32:00 PMActually not my words. A quoteless copy that went under the radar by the author. Although applied to 34 pages of hype... yada, yada, yada.

Actually Ed it would be 34 pages if discussion and debate.  It's not like everyone is hyping the kid.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 30, 2024, 04:03:32 PMWe'll see how good he actually becomes. Everyone here such firm views on all these prospects like they already know the outcome. It makes me chuckle how certain everyone seems. The reality is there is a huge range of possibilities with all these players, and nobody remotely knows where any of them will land, including people employed in the league who are more qualified than any of us to make these judgments.

Actually, you could say that about every position, free agent, or position.  I still remember how absolutely certain I was that the Giants HAD to sign Braylon Edwards to take the place of trigger finger Plexico, and how completely wrong I was.  Perhaps one rare and small instance where age brought wisdom because now I'm not certain about a damn thing when it comes to football.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll