News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

*from the #1 most accurate mock drafter the last 5 yrs

Started by MightyGiants, April 17, 2024, 12:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 18, 2024, 04:04:12 PMHere's a hypothetical, because why not?:

How do you all think Jones would perform if he were swapped with Brock Purdy? I continually here that Purdy is nothing special and he just quarterbacks a loaded offense. 
Purdy displays much better awareness than Jones. He is a better QB, talent around him aside.

uconnjack8

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 18, 2024, 04:04:12 PMHere's a hypothetical, because why not?:

How do you all think Jones would perform if he were swapped with Brock Purdy? I continually here that Purdy is nothing special and he just quarterbacks a loaded offense. 

I think better than he has with the Giants, but not as good as Purdy.  We saw another high 1st rounder not excel even with that cast.   I dont see Purdy as anything special at this point, but I think he is at least a match for his team and certainly in the top 12 of the league. 

I get your point about moving up for the QB and that being Schoen's legacy.  I think to some extent it works the other way as well.  If they don't draft a QB then signing Jones could be his legacy.

Jclayton92

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 18, 2024, 04:16:51 PMIf that's the case we should definitely trade down, although I don't know who you're talking about. 

In 2023 3 QBs were taken in the 4th round.  Only one played and he threw for 2200 yards.
In 2022 1 QB was taken in the 4th round and in 2 seasons threw for 2000 yards combined.
In 2021 1 QB was taken in the 4th round and he has 135 career passing yards.

Did I misunderstand your statement?  Hyperbole?  Color me confused.
My bad Howell was a 5th round pick not a 4th rd pick. Davis mills was a 3rd rd pick. Still the point remains that those guys coming in and putting up equal or better production on eqally bad teams is alarming. 

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 18, 2024, 07:35:17 PMMy bad Howell was a 5th round pick not a 4th rd pick. Davis mills was a 3rd rd pick. Still the point remains that those guys coming in and putting up equal or better production on eqally bad teams is alarming. 

Still, every year???
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Just_jimmy

No chance at a QB
2nd best WR

Hey, at least we really stuffed the eagles right?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: Just_jimmy on April 19, 2024, 03:36:32 AMNo chance at a QB
2nd best WR

Hey, at least we really stuffed the eagles right?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I will say this:   I think the top-3 elite WR prospects in this draft are all better than Devante Smith, the WR the Eagles snaked Gettleman and NYG from getting.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE