News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on June 09, 2022, 07:59:59 AM
Ed,

Did the old link work today? How's your streak?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
It did the same with a link to the new site and I didn
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

After 2 I had 4 letters, but it took me 3 guesses to get the right first letter

Wordle 355 5/6

?🟨?🟨?
??🟨?🟨
?🟩🟩🟩🟩
?🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on June 09, 2022, 07:59:14 AM
Three is the number of the day so far.

Wordle 355 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Dittos. Three for me as well. I've never had so many right letters from the get go...just had to rearrange them by the third try

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

5 for me also. i had the last 4 letters and there were a few decent possibilities for the first. I guessed wrong a couple of times.

For what it is worth and I know I do this the hard way, but when I go on this Wordle, I always used the link provided by Ric in his initial post. It takes me to the page saying it is now the NY Times and gives the link for Wordle.

Is this what everyone has been talking about?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on June 09, 2022, 12:52:53 PM
5 for me also. i had the last 4 letters and there were a few decent possibilities for the first. I guessed wrong a couple of times.

For what it is worth and I know I do this the hard way, but when I go on this Wordle, I always used the link provided by Ric in his initial post. It takes me to the page saying it is now the NY Times and gives the link for Wordle.

Is this what everyone has been talking about?

I think most people do Wordle on their phones instead of their home computer. As for me, I do absolutely nothing on my phone except make calls, take calls, and on occasion read/type a text message....oh yeah, and take pictures sometimes when a camera is not handy. Most people I know use their phone for just about everything that most do on their computer. As for me, I only use my PC in the living room. I need a full size keyboard to babble on as I do because I'm brevity challenged. I was getting the message you stated, but I simply changed my Wordle button on my "most used" list to the new link and it works just like the old link without the annoying message that it is changing to NY Times

Since I don't use my phone for Wordle, I am not familiar with the issues they are facing. I assume a lot of people use their phones to play the game as they can send a picture of their attempts that is filled with question marks, yellow spots and green spots. I can't do that on my PC and have to take a snapshot of my finished product then copy and paste a block of color over the letters - tedious, but works

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 09, 2022, 01:11:42 PM
I think most people do Wordle on their phones instead of their home computer. As for me, I do absolutely nothing on my phone except make calls, take calls, and on occasion read/type a text message....oh yeah, and take pictures sometimes when a camera is not handy. Most people I know use their phone for just about everything that most do on their computer. As for me, I only use my PC in the living room. I need a full size keyboard to babble on as I do because I'm brevity challenged. I was getting the message you stated, but I simply changed my Wordle button on my "most used" list to the new link and it works just like the old link without the annoying message that it is changing to NY Times

Since I don't use my phone for Wordle, I am not familiar with the issues they are facing. I assume a lot of people use their phones to play the game as they can send a picture of their attempts that is filled with question marks, yellow spots and green spots. I can't do that on my PC and have to take a snapshot of my finished product then copy and paste a block of color over the letters - tedious, but works

We should start a club as the only people who can't live without their phones.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

We are so alike in that I do exactly as you, use my phone for phone calls, an occasional text, and a rare pic or two. I am IT blind. We even swear by the same phone provider--Mint Mobile, as it is perfect for us limited users and for $15 a month, you just can't beat that.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on June 09, 2022, 02:51:06 PM
We should start a club as the only people who can't live without their phones.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

We are so alike in that I do exactly as you, use my phone for phone calls, an occasional text, and a rare pic or two. I am IT blind. We even swear by the same phone provider--Mint Mobile, as it is perfect for us limited users and for $15 a month, you just can't beat that.

I'm not IT blind as I have a minor in computer programming (back in the day when you used teletypes and compilers...LOL) and I also used to program machinery in machine code and was the company guru on MS Exel, and a variety of programs (DBase, etc). I just got to the point where I hated re-learning the same thing every couple of years or so when the software upgraded. When I programmed machines it was on a teletype, then I got a real computer and programmed in early MS-DOS on an 286 cpu with a math co-processor that I demanded when it was ordered. It had a huge floppy disc and a whole MB of memory...LOL. From there it was each iteration up to Windows and every software program constantly changing. After 30 or more years of re-learning everything I already had learned, I just got sick of it one day and said "no more". If I had my druthers, I'd still be using Windows 98...but I don't, I'm still on Windows 10 because I don't want to start again on 11. Only reason I have 10 is because Microsoft stopped updating 98 so it became a security problem.

Anyway, I digress. When it comes to phones, I had one of the very first cell phones and went through all the old styles. I used to proud of having the first flip phone (Motorola StarTAC) in the company - the ones you had to pull an antenna out of to make or receive a call. I've gone through at least 20 phones (probably more)  since then and I hate them all. The only time it rings is when I'm in the bathroom or at a checkout in a store or I'm in a serious conversation. If I didn't need a phone for emergencies or keeping in touch with my kids, I wouldn't even have one

Anyway, in my old age I prefer a big screen, a full key board, and a phone that doesn't ring and keeping the same software

T200

Wordle 356 3/6

🟨🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not sure how I came up with this one lol

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bill Brown

Wordle 356 4/6

?🟨🟨?🟨
🟨?🟨?🟨
?🟩🟩??
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This was a tough one. Pretty much solved it by trial and error.
After the 3rd attempt it was obvious what the 2nd 3rd and 4 letters were but to get the first and last was a nightmare.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Ed Vette

Wordle 356 3/6

🟨🟨
🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: ps11yat14 on June 10, 2022, 06:22:12 AM
Wordle 356 4/6

?🟨🟨?🟨
🟨?🟨?🟨
?🟩🟩??
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This was a tough one. Pretty much solved it by trial and error.
After the 3rd attempt it was obvious what the 2nd 3rd and 4 letters were but to get the first and last was a nightmare.

Bill

It was a very tough on, a pretty obscure word

Wordle 356 4/6

????🟨
🟩?🟨?🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨?
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Very random, obscure word. Not an easy one. Took me four but it took me a long time to get it.

Ed Vette

Once I had the first letter green and the vowels in the wrong place, I was able to narrow it down but it is an obscure word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 10, 2022, 08:28:14 AM
Very random, obscure word. Not an easy one. Took me four but it took me a long time to get it.

Dittos for me. Got it in four, but really struggled for a long time to finally get it right. All I had after three attempts was the first letter right and a vowel in the wrong place. I had pretty much used up any consonant that could possibly work with the first letter so when the word occurred to me, I was almost certain in had to be right...whew  #:-S

LennG

Wordle 356 4/6

??🟨?🟨
?🟨??🟩
🟩????
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I finally figured out how to do this.

I had all the letters with my 3 first-round picks and I sort of found it easy to move them around to form a word.

Charlie Weiss