News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Draft Survey

Started by Philosophers, April 24, 2024, 01:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If No Trade At 6 And All Available

Drake Maye
30 (46.2%)
JJ McCarthy
9 (13.8%)
Malik Nabers
13 (20%)
Rome Odunze
13 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: April 26, 2024, 01:13:28 PM

ozzie

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Philosophers

I am surprised Odunze is leading Nabers.  Wonder if it is:

1. Nabers size vs Odunze's size for X

2. Odunze considered A+ character

3. Is Nabers really more of a slot/z?

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on April 24, 2024, 06:33:46 PMI am surprised Odunze is leading Nabers.  Wonder if it is:

1. Nabers size vs Odunze's size for X

2. Odunze considered A+ character

3. Is Nabers really more of a slot/z?
Honestly if we do go wr I want a guy that is going to go up and fight, be a monster, and catch everything. That just seems more Odunze than Nabers.

He seems like AJ Brown if Brown was a true X.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 24, 2024, 06:55:11 PMHonestly if we do go wr I want a guy that is going to go up and fight, be a monster, and catch everything. That just seems more Odunze than Nabers.

He seems like AJ Brown if Brown was a true X.

Yeah I agree with you.  A no doubt the ball is mine guy.

GloryDays

If I can vote for NONE OF THE ABOVE--trade back for more value

Sem

I voted Odunze over Nabors, but would be ok with Maye if the staff is sold on him.

DaveBrown74

I voted for Maye. He would be my personal preference although I'll be the first to admit I've been wrong plenty of times about judging which college QBs will be good in the pros. So if we end up with McCarthy I will be fine with that too, as I will choose to assume our front office and head coach both have a very high opinion of him and his potential. And I would expect them to feel the same way about Maye if that's who we end up with. And if we end up with someone who plays a different position, I'll be ok with that too. The last thing I want us to do is draft a QB we are not passionate about just to tick a box.

Jclayton92

Quote from: GloryDays on April 24, 2024, 06:59:33 PMIf I can vote for NONE OF THE ABOVE--trade back for more value
That's the problem with this draft, there's not much value to be had past pick 12.

Uncle Mickey

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 24, 2024, 07:22:56 PMI voted for Maye. He would be my personal preference although I'll be the first to admit I've been wrong plenty of times about judging which college QBs will be good in the pros. So if we end up with McCarthy I will be fine with that too, as I will choose to assume our front office and head coach both have a very high opinion of him and his potential. And I would expect them to feel the same way about Maye if that's who we end up with. And if we end up with someone who plays a different position, I'll be ok with that too. The last thing I want us to do is draft a QB we are not passionate about just to tick a box.

I am with you.  Once this draft ends, I will be 100% behind whomever they pick and I won't doubt the pick.

Philosophers

After 39 votes roughly 61% QB vs 39% WR with Maye having more than 3:1 ratio of votes over McCarthy.

TONKA56

I can only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if JJ is the pick and Maye is also available.

Gmo11

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 25, 2024, 10:36:31 AMI can only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if JJ is the pick and Maye is also available.

I'd prefer it!  I think that would be exactly the right thing to do!

TONKA56

Quote from: Gmo11 on April 25, 2024, 10:44:48 AMI'd prefer it!  I think that would be exactly the right thing to do!

I'd be pretty pumped to get either without having to make a trade.

Puffy

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 24, 2024, 02:58:24 PMI'm not a fan of maye, I like Mccarthy more but would be happy with either because they would be Daboll's choice assuming they go that way. So I'd be ecstatic with Maye knowing it was the guy Daboll thinks is elite.

I am the exact opposite - I am not a fan of McCarthy and like Maye more.

With the caveat of these players all being there at 6 and we keep 47, I go Maye over the receivers.  There will be some good receivers at 47 (and drafting a QB in first mandates getting a receiver at 47, IMO).  I also like Maye at 6 and redshirting him. Let him cook with Daboll and Kafka for a year while sitting behind Jones and then, hopefully, handing him keys in 2025.  Maye and Polk (WR, Wash) is a, potentially at least, home run draft.