News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Round one non-Giants draft discussion thread

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

Vikings are desperate. I would hate my team taking the fifth QB at pick number 10 and paying a premium to move up and do it.

killarich

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 25, 2024, 09:13:56 PMHuh? Washington's oline won the award for best offensive line in the country and Washington's 3 deep at wr was better than any wr on Michigan.

Okay and your point ? Michigan is in the Big Ten... no one had Washington winning that game .... the only reason people thought they had a slither of a chance was because they possessed the clear better QB ...exactly why Atlanta chose him over JJ

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Trench on April 25, 2024, 09:13:47 PMUnderstood, my question is - is there a chance we will still hear people say Jones needs more weapons?

Why are you so invested in getting an answer to a hypothetical?  Let's see it play out. Heck, with the Giants luck and history Malik could get injured in training camp and never play a 2024 down.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

sxdxca38

Quote from: Trench on April 25, 2024, 09:13:47 PMUnderstood, my question is - is there a chance we will still hear people say Jones needs more weapons?

Hi Trench,

No one will question his weapons anymore, as he has more than enough.

As long as the O line can improve to at least average or competent, then Daniel Jones will have a good year, and the Giants will start winning again, even with the loss Barkely.

Jclayton92

Quote from: sxdxca38 on April 25, 2024, 09:14:31 PMNabers was a great pick, and the player I was hoping they would draft.

Improve the offensive line, and Daniel Jones will have a good year, and the Giants will begin to win again.

Remember when Rich Eisen was telling everyone the Giants are absolutely done with Daniel Jones, and they have buyer's remorse?

He is now going to have to eat his words, as he spread false information.
Them being done with Jones and drafting a Qb weren't mutually exclusive. They can be done with Jones and not draft a Qb. They weren't calling the patriots for a Wr the past week.

MightyGiants

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on April 25, 2024, 09:16:51 PMVikings are desperate. I would hate my team taking the fifth QB at pick number 10 and paying a premium to move up and do it.

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1783666190444896473
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: killarich on April 25, 2024, 09:15:08 PMWere the Jets really a threat to pick a QB ? Why would Minny do this

Maybe someone was talking with the Jets to jump ahead of Minny.  Or the Jets convinced them there was.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

killarich

AYM

Quote from: killarich on April 25, 2024, 09:15:08 PMWere the Jets really a threat to pick a QB ? Why would Minny do this

Maybe someone else was making an offer to the Jets.

killarich

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 25, 2024, 09:18:55 PMMaybe someone was talking with the Jets to jump ahead of Minny.  Or the Jets convinced them there was.

Ok this is true ....good point

jgrangers2

Broncos and Raiders were probably talking to the Jets too

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 25, 2024, 09:17:47 PMThem being done with Jones and drafting a Qb weren't mutually exclusive. They can be done with Jones and not draft a Qb. They weren't calling the patriots for a Wr the past week.

Agreed. If the Giants don't steal some wins with Devito and pick top-3, the Giants are taking a QB. This doesn't signal confidence in DJ. It's a plan for when they move on from him.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

killarich

Quote from: jgrangers2 on April 25, 2024, 09:19:44 PMBroncos and Raiders were probably talking to the Jets too

Yea I was judging too quickly..this is a legit factor