News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Brain dead - "paralysis by analysis" has set in

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 24, 2024, 10:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

My brain can't take anymore. I've spent every day since the Super Bowl analyzing players, doing a thousand draft simulations, and the result: absolutely clueless how this draft will go or even who the Giants should target. I simply have to assume that Schoen and his inside crew know about so more than I do when it comes to building the team, that my efforts are nothing less than silly. I don't see Shoen as a "risk-taker", but brilliant and surrounded by "extremely informed 'gurus' beyond my comprehension", whose careers and lives depend on getting it right

While I have a 1 or 2-page dossier on about 100 players; they have 30-page dossiers on 500+ players that include personal lives, home lives since childhood, character traits, interviews with HS and college coaches, hours and hours of tape on each (critiqued by a room full of "real" experts), athletic profiles unavailable to us, strength and weaknesses, a measure of coachableness (sp?), even their love lives, and eating habits and their ability to gain or lessen weight based on their frame. And most of all, how each player taken fits into the team like pieces of a puzzle called "long term goals"

As I scratch my head and ponder all about the pre-draft mayhem, I wonder if AI could be used to identify and rank players  :-?? ...but I digress

Bottom line: It's been fun, but exhausting. Hopefully I'll know most of the players we draft and don't spend the next several days digging up information on players I've never heard of  :crazy:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

spiderblue43

Jolly..I remember coming home after the Dayne draft..and these complete draft nerds were looking through a huge guide  of prospects they've never seen or had no football awareness. ..shouting "oh I  love the pick".."Nah..whaddya u know".

It's complete nerd season always

Uncle Mickey

So many players but there should be one clear direction in round 1.

Giants are milque-toast too often. Swing for the fences. Maye is that home run swing like Allen was on a double trade up for Schoen and Daboll when they were in Buffalo.

Jolly Blue Giant

Welcome, Uncle Mickey, glad to have you aboard the best Giants' message board on the net...where intelligent people gather to share their well-thought-out opinions
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: