News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - To what extent will you be rooting for Saquon this year?

Started by DaveBrown74, May 20, 2024, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-Town G-Fan and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

To what extent will you be rooting for Saquon this year?

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

uconnjack8

I root for three teams every week.  The Giants and whoever is playing Dallas and Philly.

T200

I voted for passionately. I'm a fan of his 100%. I hope he runs for 200+ and multiple TDs for 15 games and less than 50 when he plays us!

He deserves to play behind a solid line to help him showcase his talents. Had we had a better line or gone to a team with a line, he would easily be the top RB over the course of his career.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

No more than any other non-Giant... so I voted "I don't care" (not quite accurate but close enough). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Doc16LT56

I voted for 4 but I'm probably somewhere between 4 and 5. I don't dislike the guy, but I don't want his team to do well and I wouldn't mind seeing a few weeks where he goes something like 18 carries for 42 yards. If he went somewhere outside the division I would've probably voted for 3, don't care.

T200

Anticipating all the Barkley threads from the "I don't care" contingent  :-??  :suspious:  :yes:

Doc16LT56

Quote from: T200 on Today at 01:21:17 PMAnticipating all the Barkley threads from the "I don't care" contingent  :-??  :suspious:  :yes:
Threads stating what? That he's past his prime?

T200

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on Today at 01:40:51 PMThreads stating what? That he's past his prime?
Knowing how we are around here, most of them will undoubtedly be after he has a bad game.

Point is, some that say they don't care one way or the other will be the ones initiating the threads... because they actually care.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Doc16LT56

Quote from: T200 on Today at 01:43:16 PMKnowing how we are around here, most of them will undoubtedly be after he has a bad game.

Point is, some that say they don't care one way or the other will be the ones initiating the threads... because they actually care.  :laugh:  :laugh:
I would enjoy watching Saquon languish in Philly, so I'll commit to starting a thread the first time he averages less than 3 yards a carry, which he did in 20% of his starts as a Giant.

Because the rivalry with Philly matters to me, not an aging RB who was sold to us as touched by God but was in reality known as much for his bitcoin advocacy than anything he accomplished on the field.

T200

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on Today at 01:52:05 PMI would enjoy watching Saquon languish in Philly, so I'll commit to starting a thread the first time he averages less than 3 yards a carry, which he did in 20% of his starts as a Giant.

Because the rivalry with Philly matters to me, not an aging RB who was sold to us as touched by God but was in reality known as much for his bitcoin advocacy than anything he accomplished on the field.
He was definitely boom or bust but without him, this offense would have been much worse.

I do think the Giants' RB-by-committee will collectively produce more than featuring Barkley.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: T200 on Today at 01:58:44 PMHe was definitely boom or bust but without him, this offense would have been much worse.

I do think the Giants' RB-by-committee will collectively produce more than featuring Barkley.

The goal is to get better than Dallas and Philly. It didn't work out for Barkley here. Players come and go but the goal hasn't changed.

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on Today at 01:21:17 PMAnticipating all the Barkley threads from the "I don't care" contingent  :-??  :suspious:  :yes:

I am in the don't care camp, but I think you're correct.   I think their are two aspects to this.  There is Barkley the person and Barkley the asset.   As a person, his success or failure doesn't phase me because he is no longer on the team (for some reason, I never really warmed up to the guy, even though he carried himself well).   There is also Barkley the asset and his success and failure reflects on Joe Schoen and the decisions he made.  So I could see that aspect being discussed.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE