News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Quote from: T200 on August 14, 2020, 02:00:03 PM
"You remember your business associate, Marcellus Wallace, don't you?"

THANKS, Tim.  (I really mean it.)

But, I think it's a movie I haven't seen or, perhaps, not even heard of.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 14, 2020, 03:17:15 PM

Oh Jim, you HAVE heard of it. If you haven't seen it, you should. It has been mentioned many times in this thread already.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: jimv on August 14, 2020, 03:17:15 PM

Len's right - you've heard of it but maybe you haven't seen it.

One more:
Man 1: You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Man 2: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?
Man 1: Nah they got the metric system, they don't know what the **** a quarter pounder is.
Man 2: Then what do they call it?
Man 1: They call it a Royale with Cheese.
Man 2: Royale with Cheese... what do the call a Big Mac?
Man 1: It's still a Big Mac but they call it Le Big Mac.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

add another

The Wolf: Jimmie, lead the way. Boys, get to work.

Vincent: A please would be nice.

The Wolf: Come again?

Vincent: I said a please would be nice.

The Wolf: Get it straight buster - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better do it and do it quick. I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.

Jules: No, Mr. Wolf, it ain't like that, your help is definitely appreciated.

Vincent: I don't mean any disrespect, I just don't like people barking orders at me.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: T200 on August 14, 2020, 03:41:37 PM
Len's right - you've heard of it but maybe you haven't seen it...

You're right; I've heard of it but have never seen it.  So, there's no way I can know any quotes from it.

jimv

Lenny & Tim,

Youre smothering me with a lot of stuff that I've never seen or never heard of.  Prior to 1970, I've seen most movies.  After that, I've watched much less.  Sorry.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 14, 2020, 06:42:25 PM
Lenny & Tim,

Youre smothering me with a lot of stuff that I've never seen or never heard of.  Prior to 1970, I've seen most movies.  After that, I've watched much less.  Sorry.

Why is that Jim?

They made some pretty good movies since the 70's, why don't you enjoy some of them. I know a lot of movies that we have mentioned, you haven't seen and I think that is sad. You are missing out on some great entertainment. REALLY. We both enjoy those 'oldies' but I also enjoy many of the newer releases. Sure there are some duds, but there were many more duds in the 30's 40's and 50's. It could opne up a new world for you Jim.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

OK

Here is a softball

Woman:  What?
Man:- Nothing. You stick out like a sore thumb around here.
Woman-- Me? What about you?
Man-- I fit in better than you. At least I'm wearing cowboy boots.
Woman--: Oh yeah, you blend.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on August 14, 2020, 07:34:57 PM
OK

Here is a softball

Woman:  What?
Man:- Nothing. You stick out like a sore thumb around here.
Woman-- Me? What about you?
Man-- I fit in better than you. At least I'm wearing cowboy boots.
Woman--: Oh yeah, you blend.
I recognize it but can't quite place it.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

jimv

OH MY GOSH!!!!  Redfaced   "My Cousin Vinny!"  I LOVE that movie!  I watch it at least once a month.  It's become one of my favs.  The cast is just GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

philo43

Quote from: jimv on August 14, 2020, 09:52:39 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!!  Redfaced   "My Cousin Vinny!"  I LOVE that movie!  I watch it at least once a month.  It's become one of my favs.  The cast is just GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Pesci in his "clown suit: and the NYC accent term for youths "utes" for the better lack of spelling.  Fred Gwynne was awesome as the judge.  I agree Jim, this is on of Pesci's best movies.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 14, 2020, 09:52:39 PM

There you go Jim, a sort of recent movie and you got it. Softball.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Since we have others looking in, let me throw a few very easy ones out there

"Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"

Woman-- Are you sure you have the right person?
Man-- I'm sure.
woman-- Oh, come on. Do I look like the mother of the future? I mean am I tough, organized? I can't even balance my checkbook! Look Reese, I didn't ask for this honor and I don't WANT IT, ANY OF IT!
Man-- Your son gave me a message to give to you. He made me memorize it.
Man-- Thank you, Sarah, for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to say that the future is not set. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist.

------------------------------------------------------------

A bit tougher

""Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire."

-----------------------------

And last a REAL softball

"I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye."

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: philo43 on August 15, 2020, 01:02:41 AM
Joe Pesci in his "clown suit: and the NYC accent term for youths "utes" for the better lack of spelling.  Fred Gwynne was awesome as the judge.  I agree Jim, this is on of Pesci's best movies.

You left out Marisa Tomei.  I think she practically ran away with the movie.  And, Fred Gwynne was fabulous in, sadly, his last movie.