News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Game Thread- NYG at Arizona

Started by Ed Vette, September 17, 2023, 02:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Post all game comments here. Posters who attack other posters will be given a one month sabbatical.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

With Thomas out probably a good idea to pound the run game early to get the line going with some confidence.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

Ojulari I think is out, Thibs will need a big game. All eyes will be on him and the OL

Is Dobbs starting again or are they giving Tune a chance?

kingm56

I thought Thomas was trending towards playing.  Crap

gregf

Dang, we need a win bad.   Last week was brutal and next week does not look rosey

JT39

y_so_blu

We need a get-right game in the worst way. Problem is the o-line looked terrible even with Thomas, and the only Cardinals who played well last week were on the defensive line. I wonder how we deal with that.

DaveBrown74

I'm keeping a close eye on specials today. They need a bounce-back too, along with everyone else.

This is as high pressure a week two game as I can remember in the last decade-plus given all considerations.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

I'm eager to see how Ezeudu and McKethan do with this opportunity.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 17, 2023, 03:40:01 PMI'm eager to see how Ezeudu and McKethan do with this opportunity.

I suspect we'll see lots of RPO and straight runs.  That line doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, as it relates to pass-protection.

Trench

Glad to see the staff shake it up. I've been critical of them. I appreciate the coaching effort here

Ed Vette

Quote from: kingm56 on September 17, 2023, 03:42:03 PMI suspect we'll see lots of RPO and straight runs.  That line doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, as it relates to pass-protection.
Some power running. Who plays the Full Back? I'm looking for some two back sets.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Quote from: kingm56 on September 17, 2023, 03:42:03 PMI suspect we'll see lots of RPO and straight runs.  That line doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, as it relates to pass-protection.

Same here.  It plays to their strengths and could help the line's confidence early.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

bighitterdalama

I'm watching at home again this week. Let's get this one home. Go Marcus McKethan.