News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants won the draft

Started by brownelvis54, Today at 01:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Yes, the Giants won the draft simply because New England didn't take their offer. It is said that the Giants offered pick 6 and next year's 1st round pick to swap places with New England.

So, we take Maye, no weapons, questionable O-line, and no 1st round in the 2025 season? If this was done, it's very conceivable the Giants would have the #1 overall pick in 2025, which would have gone to New England.

It is also possible Joe Schoen would have been on the hot seat in 2026, these events would damage a already damaged franchise IMO. Dave Gettelman had four years with the Giants, to help turn the tide and the results were nothing to brag about. We are in year 3 of Joe Schoen's GM run.

We did the right things in this year's draft. I do suspect our record won't be very good. I also believe we will be picking in the top 5 in 2025, if true, the 2025 draft will be Schoen's legacy. He has to get our QB.

Sanders, Beck and Ewers are QBs that will be in play. Some might add Cameron Ward to the list. Regardless, for Joe Schoen, the 2025 draft needs to be his moment and again he lucky New England turned him down.

The KING is in the building

Ed Vette

Or the worst draft if JJ McCarthy balls out.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on Today at 01:31:25 PMOr the worst draft if JJ McCarthy balls out.

Ed you could say the same thing if Nix or Penix balls out too. Just because McCarthy does well with the Viking doesn't mean he would do the same on the Giants. The Vikings have a better roster, better line protection, better weapons on offense. I expect McCarthy to do well. In fact, I was a huge fan of his and I believe posted the first thread on him in October ...when it sadly looked like our season was already over. Thats how shitty this roster is/was, again, IMO we did the right thing in this years draft.

JJ McCarthy thread

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php?topic=67961.msg919230#msg919230
The KING is in the building