News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Black Monday

Started by LennG, January 04, 2024, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

This Monday is it for several coaches and coordinators--Black Monday as it has been commonly known

So who goes and who stays?

Ron Rivera -a given
Robert Saleh-- 50-50
Mike Vrable--75-25 gone
Bill Belichick--99% gone
Matt Eberflus--30-70 he stays
Dennis Allen--50=50
Arthur Smith-50-50
Brian Daboll 99% stays
Antonio Pierce--90% stays
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on January 04, 2024, 04:56:08 PMThis Monday is it for several coaches and coordinators--Black Monda as it has been commonly known

Ron Rivera -a given
Robert Saleh-- 50-50
Mike Vrable--75-25 gone
Bill Belichick--99% gone
Dennis Allen--50=50
Arthur Smith-50-50
Brian Daboll 99% stays

Robert Saleh is 100% staying. The Jets have already publicly confirmed that everyone is coming back.

I more or less agree with the rest of your odds. I agree that Antonio Pierce very likely has the job. I would agree that Eberflaus and Vrabel are both probably gone. Admittedly the Bears are 4-1 in their last 5, and if they beat the Lions this weekend that could save him as they'd be 8-9 with a pretty suspect roster. But more likely than not both he and Vrabel will be gone.

Not sure about Atlanta. They have not been inspiring under Smith, but they haven't been awful either. Similar with the Saints. So I like your 50/50 odds with those guys.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on January 04, 2024, 04:56:08 PMThis Monday is it for several coaches and coordinators--Black Monda as it has been commonly known

Ron Rivera -a given
Robert Saleh-- 50-50
Mike Vrable--75-25 gone
Bill Belichick--99% gone
Dennis Allen--50=50
Arthur Smith-50-50
Brian Daboll 99% stays

I'd say Antonio Pierce has a 100% chance of keeping his job. Since he took over as head coach of the Raiders, he's beaten us, then in December he hung 63 points on the Chargers (the most in franchise history), and the following week knocked off reigning Superbowl Champs, Kansas City Chiefs and made Mahommes look average. The players and fans love him - he ain't going nowhere and his phone will be ringing off the hook to see if he's available and the Raiders' front office knows it

I would say Daboll is 100% safe as well. Don't know about many of the coaches underneath him though
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

spiderblue43

I think Eberflus survives. Vrabel might fall victim to the hot OC hire.Titans are a mess  Allen and Smith? Sounds like a law firm. Both should go. Daboll safe. Pierce too. Saleh safe to the chagrin of Jets fans

Lot depends on Jim Boy's desire to return to the NFL and where he-d go? Chargers? Bears? Pats?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on January 04, 2024, 06:51:40 PMI think Eberflus survives. Vrabel might fall victim to the hot OC hire.Titans are a mess  Allen and Smith? Sounds like a law firm. Both should go. Daboll safe. Pierce too. Saleh safe to the chagrin of Jets fans

Lot depends on Jim Boy's desire to return to the NFL and where he-d go? Chargers? Bears? Pats?

I have a feeling Vrabel lands on the Pats. Tons of rumors about that.

Keep hearing rumors about Belichick to the Commanders.

AYM

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 04, 2024, 07:26:36 PMI have a feeling Vrabel lands on the Pats. Tons of rumors about that.

Keep hearing rumors about Belichick to the Commanders.

That team needs a fresh voice and new ideas. Belichick going there would basically tell me that even if Snyder is gone, the organization still thinks like he does.

spiderblue43

Vrabel to the Pats seems logical..maybe  too much so. Would Belichick want less control in Washington? I doubt it..and it probably won't be anything but a stop-gap.