News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I'm pushing my chips to the middle for this kid Dante Miller

Started by BluesCruz, May 19, 2024, 02:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8, BluesCruz and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

BluesCruz

I just have a hunch he is just what the doctor ordered

Masters degree Colunbia University,  fastest time South Carolina Pro Day  4.27, squats 700 Lbs and had the most reps of any RB with the barbell.....not your average RB.  Five foot 5, 200 lbs

Lets go Dante or as they call you "Turbo"

I hope they give him a shot
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

They are giving him a shot hence why they signed him.

The likelihood that he makes the roster over guys drafted the past 2 years in Gray and Tracy is slim though.

DaveBrown74

BC,

What are you expecting from Miller exactly? Just that he'll make the roster, or do you see him being significantly productive in our offense?

BluesCruz

not sure but the intangibles are off the chart

Tiki squated 1000 lbs in his workouts BTW.  but could not run a 4.27 or even close

squibber

I hope Dante turns defenses into an inferno.😆

T200

I'm excited about him as well. Great story... a guy who's easy to root for.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

BluesCruz

to me the RB spot is up for grabs and at least the ball is not pre-designated to one guy  for 95% of the snaps. 

Had that guy delivered or not, you need RB rotation in todays NFL

There are surely enough RBs on the roster now to find a 2 or 3 man rotation.

The decider will be can they block and pick up the defender running free, can they break the initial tackle and run decisively with power.

Also do they have good hands and spatial awareness on the outlet

The Giants tried to force-feed Barkley for 5 years and did themselves nor Barkley a favor with all that telegraphed activity. 

Philosophers

I love to see stories like this continue into greatness.  He's got a real opportunity here.  Giants are ahort in top talent for sure.

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Painter

With or wi
Quote from: BluesCruz on May 19, 2024, 02:57:23 PMI just have a hunch he is just what the doctor ordered

Masters degree Colunbia University,  fastest time South Carolina Pro Day  4.27, squats 700 Lbs and had the most reps of any RB with the barbell.....not your average RB.  Five foot 5, 200 lbs

Lets go Dante or as they call you "Turbo"

I hope they give him a shot

With or without a prescription, I could not help but root for a fellow Columbia Lion.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Former Columbia football running back Dante Miller '22CC agreed to terms with the New York Giants, pending a physical, the team announced Friday. Miller becomes the first Lion to ink an NFL deal since punter Cameron Nizialek '17CC signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2022.

A first-team All-Ivy League selection in 2021, Miller rushed for 1,281 yards on 258 carries with six touchdowns, including a career-long run of 83 yards (sixth-longest rush in school history) during his stint with Columbia. Upon graduation, he ranked ninth in career rushing yards (1,281), fourth in yards per carry (5.0), and seventh in rushing yards per game (49.3) in Columbia history.

After exhausting his Ivy League eligibility, the native of Rockingham, North Carolina, joined the University of South Carolina as a graduate transfer. Miller saw action in in six games, rushing for 38 yards on six carries and contributing on special teams.

Miller turned heads at South Carolina's pro day, running the 40-yard dash in 4.27 seconds to garner the attention of NFL scouts. Due to NCAA Compliance and NFL rules, he was ruled ineligible for the NFL Draft and allowed to sign with a team as a free agent.

Cheers!

Jclayton92

DaveBrown74

If a 25 year old rookie running back from an ivy league school and who nobody heard of until a month or two ago makes good in the NFL, it would be a hell of a story, and also one that I'm fairly sure has never happened before, or at least probably not any time in the last 60-70 years.

There's a first time for everything, and it's always fun to root for these underdog/longer shot type guys like Platzgummer, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Elerson Smith, etc. We'll see what happens. It would be fun to see him somehow make an impact, but I'm not sure I view that as base case.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on Today at 04:50:06 PMIf a 25 year old rookie running back from an ivy league school and who nobody heard of until a month or two ago makes good in the NFL, it would be a hell of a story, and also one that I'm fairly sure has never happened before, or at least probably not any time in the last 60-70 years.

There's a first time for everything, and it's always fun to root for these underdog/longer shot type guys like Platzgummer, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Elerson Smith, etc. We'll see what happens. It would be fun to see him somehow make an impact, but I'm not sure I view that as base case.
Elerson Smith and Aaron Robinson are just a couple of what could have been players for this team.

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on Today at 04:50:06 PMIf a 25 year old rookie running back from an ivy league school and who nobody heard of until a month or two ago makes good in the NFL, it would be a hell of a story, and also one that I'm fairly sure has never happened before, or at least probably not any time in the last 60-70 years.

Lets see what he can do

With the gold jacket guy gone now, we can finally get a sustained look at other RBs

Speed kills as they say and 4.27 is incredible for a RB.....outragious considering he is a stout built short guy    Sounds like a Tyreek Hill clone physically.  Lets give him a good look

Stringer Bell

Sounds like a kiss of death, from Brightwell to Miller.