News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - To what extent will you be rooting for Saquon this year?

Started by DaveBrown74, May 20, 2024, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

To what extent will you be rooting for Saquon this year?

DaveBrown74

To what extent will you be rooting for Saquon this season?

y_so_blu

I'm glad he got paid, but I have no desire to see him succeed for a rival team. Just because the Eagles can afford him doesn't mean they deserve him. So, I picked option 4.

TONKA56

I don't think I could be any more indifferent. 

Painter

I won't be rooting one way or another except for the 2 Giants v Eagles games in which I will hope to see him have little or no impact. Then again, when the Uglies play the Cows, I might feel differently

Cheers!

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Trench

Guy showed his colors... "Once a Giant...

I hope he gets stuffed at the line of scrimmage for the rest of his touches by the hand of God career.

Ed Vette

I don't wish him to do badly. I would be happy for him if he did well. Root? I don't know. He's on a rival team and to root for him is like rooting for the Eagles. 🦅 I'll say ambivalent.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 20, 2024, 07:07:52 PMTo what extent will you be rooting for Saquon this season?

None.  I hope he turns out to be a complete waste of money for the Eagles.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Giant Obsession

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

miss86

No longer a Giant. So, I don't really care about his stats and what knot. Now, when the Egirls play us, I will cheer if he gets smacked behind the LOS for loss of yards.  ;)

Jclayton92

He had 4 offers, he could have easily gone elsewhere and still chose the Eagles.

I do know that he was a waste of money. Even in 2022 when he had that first half resurgence and finished as one of the top backs yardage wise his analytics and EPA were bottoms in the league.

I am glad we are no longer paying money for his services and that we are going to a more modern 2-3 cheap backs system so he won't register with me going forward.

AYM

I voted for the last option. He accomplished nothing here, the Giants did nothing while he was here, and at best, he's a footnote in Giants history.

To the point that if he does literally anything as an Eagle (rushing title, playoff wins, etc), he'll go down in history as an Eagle. That's how little his Giants career is worth.

Painter

Quote from: Trench on May 20, 2024, 08:25:24 PMGuy showed his colors... "Once a Giant...

I hope he gets stuffed at the line of scrimmage for the rest of his touches by the hand of God career.

I take your point, but we ought not to attribute to Barkley "the hand of God" and "Gold Jacket" bloviations which were strictly those of one Dave Gettleman. As for Barkley's, "Once a Giant... I think he hoped it would be so. It just wasn't a hope shared by Schoen/Daboll Co. In any case, he's an Eagle now, no more, no less,
Cheers!

EDjohnst1981

I voted for not caring either way. It's done.

I do think he's going to have a very good year.