News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

is it possible that the Giants would sign...

Started by President Rick, October 30, 2023, 05:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Rick

is it possible that the Giants would sign...Colin Kaepernick???
he has offered to sign with any team as their back-up.  Meaning he'd not cost much on a 1 year prove-it deal. 
we surely need a back-up.  DJ may still be out and Taylor is still in the hospital.. DeVito did not shine, even as a qb3.
Colin is what - the same age as Taylor, maybe 1-2 years more or less.  But he's healthy, rested, and a proven top 20 qb in the nfl.

if not who plays next game???
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Philosophers

Rick - if they sign somebody, I suspect it will be somebody they have a personal relationship with.  Kap has been out of football long enough that there's a whole process to get him up to speed.  Think they want somebody fresher who has played more recently.

uconnjack8

He hasn't been in the NFL since 2016.  There is nothing proven about him at this point.

He has been out of the NFL longer than most NFL careers last.

DaveBrown74

If Kaepernick had any shot at all at being on an NFL roster, it would have happened already. He can't even get signed to a practice squad (which he has publicly indicated he would be happy to do). He has been given tryouts before, and it has been repeatedly deemed he can no longer play.

It's not going to happen, and it is not because of politics.

madbadger

AZGiantFan

I'd rather take a chance with Cousins and his torn Achilles.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

andrew_nyGiants

I'm hearing Josh Dobbs is either being traded or released by the deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

GloryDays

Quote from: President Rick on October 30, 2023, 05:57:43 PMis it possible that the Giants would sign...Colin Kaepernick???
he has offered to sign with any team as their back-up.  Meaning he'd not cost much on a 1 year prove-it deal. 
we surely need a back-up.  DJ may still be out and Taylor is still in the hospital.. DeVito did not shine, even as a qb3.
Colin is what - the same age as Taylor, maybe 1-2 years more or less.  But he's healthy, rested, and a proven top 20 qb in the nfl.

if not who plays next game???

I hope this was a joke!!
Who the f**k is Kaperfook? other than a racist political divider? what has he done as a QB in the past 7 years for anyone, to warrant his viability as a savior for the giants?!!

[/quote]